Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 loading super Comp

What shell plate y’all using. I started out with #3 223 an was coming up an smashing cases in stat 1. Put the # 5 9mm on case is coming up straight now. Maybe my 223 plate is damaged. An  I’ve replaced every spring took press completely down an cleaned. 

I use the 223 shell plate and have no problems.  Are you sure your  pulling the rod down and pushing it up enough when priming. Ive short stroked it before and had this happen. As long as I’m consistent with the rod it works as advertised. 

19 minutes ago, magpulled said:

I use the 223 shell plate and have no problems.  Are you sure your  pulling the rod down and pushing it up enough when priming. Ive short stroked it before and had this happen. As long as I’m consistent with the rod it works as advertised. 

Ya I’ve had press for 4 yrs. I put the 9 shell plate on an it’s running. I thing my 223 shell plate is damaged. Going to try my buddy’s tomorrow to troubleshoot 

Might want to call Dillon.

Swear those guys on the phone have "superman" vision and can see though the phone to diagnosis the problem!

Been using Dillons for 25+ years and still every once in a while run into a problem.

They usually give a solution faster than I'll figure it out if it's one of those "goofy" things that isn't coming to me.

223 shell plate is the correct plate for 38 super comp

Good fortune & Merry Happy Christmas

3 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Might want to call Dillon.

Swear those guys on the phone have "superman" vision and can see though the phone to diagnosis the problem!

Been using Dillons for 25+ years and still every once in a while run into a problem.

They usually give a solution faster than I'll figure it out if it's one of those "goofy" things that isn't coming to me.

223 shell plate is the correct plate for 38 super comp

Good fortune & Merry Happy Christmas

Yes Dillon customer service is top notch. I mailed my plate in. They accused me of using a Swager with it. I said I’m loading super Comp why would I need to swage. I’d say they get a bunch of people trying to swage on 650. This guy about pissed me off but I held my cool. 

17 hours ago, Tanfoglio 38 super said:

Why not swage on the xl650?

I am planning to buy a swage for it.

DVC Jan 

Dillon will void warranty if u swage on it. They say it will damage shell plate but I’ve never used it