Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Large Mouth 1911 magwell

fosters3

I have done some looking around and I have not found a large mouth magwell for a 1911.  I love the feel of the 2011 and some of the large magwells, but a 191 fits better in my hand.  Does anyone know of a company who makes one?  Thanks in advance for your help.

I've used S&A back in the day we thought that was huge.  IT was compared to no magwell

Then recently used Dawson Ice magwells and they are great

Latest one is a Techwell and I like it slightly better and believe it loads slightly better than the Dawson

We're talking .1 of a second average on an Alpha to Alpha reload

When you add up all the reloads in a match it might be worth it

55 minutes ago, RIIID said:

Got this photo yesterday from a couple of clients, Canyon Creek 360 magwell on all but the top one.

JJ 2.jpeg

Half of those 1911's are mine, and i can attest that Rich's 360 magwell (Canyon Creek Custom) is the best competition magwell i've ever used.

14 hours ago, JGus said:

Half of those 1911's are mine, and i can attest that Rich's 360 magwell (Canyon Creek Custom) is the best competition magwell i've ever used.

Thanks for the information.  Nice collection!

7 hours ago, IsaacB said:

Where can I learn more about those Canyon Creek magwells? I did a Google and didn’t come up with much.

Do they work with stock basepads?

Yes, they work with stock basepads.

But, I use Dawson Precision extended 1911 basepads so that they slightly extend past the bottom of the magwell.