Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue bullets

gunner40sw

I have always reloaded only zero 147 gr hp for my 9mm.  But I won 500 lbejiheads 138 grains 

RN BB. Size .356 inches. For my 147s I use VV N320 3.4 gr. And I load them long also. So what I would like to know if anyone has any loads for these blue coated bullets. I would like to also not load them long either so they will fit in all of my 9 mm.  And is there anything I should know that is different about loading these coated bullets

Stick with your powder drop down to 3.2gr V320, Load 1.25-140 ,just plain shoots, load shorter if need be, usually 1.20 will run in any 9mm, still get power factor with any pistol, havent Chroned my sig 3." barrel .

2 hours ago, gunner40sw said:

I have always reloaded only zero 147 gr hp for my 9mm.  But I won 500 lbejiheads 138 grains 

RN BB. Size .356 inches. For my 147s I use VV N320 3.4 gr. And I load them long also. So what I would like to know if anyone has any loads for these blue coated bullets. I would like to also not load them long either so they will fit in all of my 9 mm.  And is there anything I should know that is different about loading these coated bullets

Add just a bit more belling before seating them so as not to shave the coating. Then make sure you pull a few to check your crimp and make sure it’s not cutting into the coating, your not actually crimping per se, just removing the belling and nothing more. Do the plunk test on your barrel that needs rounds loaded the shortest and use that measurement to load all of them. Try 3.1gr - 3.2gr of N320. I found that to be the sweet spot for me with 147s

Good luck

Edited by bandw1dth

5 hours ago, rancher5 said:

Stick with your powder drop down to 3.2gr V320, Load 1.25-140 ,just plain shoots, load shorter if need be, usually 1.20 will run in any 9mm, still get power factor with any pistol, havent Chroned my sig 3." barrel .

Do you mean 1.12"? 1.20" is awfully long for 9mm.