TACCOM 2-Stage Buffer Setups?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, JZELEK said:

Same here, for $19.99 Its a good deal. I was planning on trying to short stroke the Taccom 3 stage buffer anyways.

As good & flat as my guns shoot with this buffer I am always looking to improve. Was in the process of ordering the wave washers when this popped up.

gerritm

We put one in Tim's ( TACCOM owner)45 PCC we did the regular 3 stage then the short stroke I could tell on the first shot with the short stroke kit that it made a big difference. I am going to shoot a 9mm tommorow with it and see how it works.

1 hour ago, stick said:

I just ordered three upgrade kits.  Two for my PCC's and one for my daughter's.

Anyone have issues with them resetting Hiperfire triggers?

I was able to get the Hiperfire to reset while short stoking using the standard 3 stage and spacer with less over travel than the taccom short stroke.  I would get hammer follow intermittently.  Switched in a JP trigger and zero issues.

5 hours ago, 3gunnuts said:

Strange.  Will it reset if you hand cycle?

Yes.  I wouldn't have head to the range if I had not tested it first.  lol  ;)

It's probably 1/4" from resetting trigger.  Higher PF ammo might work but I like my load and will just stick with the 3 stage non short stroke.

8 hours ago, joelogic said:

Yes.  I wouldn't have head to the range if I had not tested it first.  lol  ;)

It's probably 1/4" from resetting trigger.  Higher PF ammo might work but I like my load and will just stick with the 3 stage non short stroke.

Whose bolt are you running? you mmmmmight want to try removing the rear delrin pad from the back end of the spring.

EDIT: ok....JP bolt, that is cool. Gold trigger.......talk to Ronin, he will give you some insight, you may have issues with any short stroke set up. but remove that thin delrin pad in the back and you should be good to go.

Edited by TRUBL

I have my pcc for almost 2 years now and it's been sitting in the safe. Last weekend I used it for action steel and not liking the stock buffer.  So, I ordered the taccom stage 3 buffer last night. I cant wait to get and see how its gonna run on my PCC.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:38 AM, gerritm said:

As good & flat as my guns shoot with this buffer I am always looking to improve. Was in the process of ordering the wave washers when this popped up.

gerritm

Put this in with my CMC flat trigger & it would not reset the trigger. Cut about 1.5 of the first wave washer off and it worked fine. Shot my first USPSA match Saturday with it where I could tell how it really worked and am loving it. When you are staying on the trigger for multiple targets you can tell how fast the reset is. Works well.

gerritm

• 6 months later...