Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
crosselot

Low Mass BCG

Recommended Posts

Need advice on which low mass bcg to use. It will be going in an Armalite 13.5in barrel chambered in .223 with the adjustable gas block and jp silent capture spring. 

 

I have been looking at the JP and Iron City Rifle Works bcg. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iron city is good along with JP. I run a voodoo and have run an aim surplus before

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crosselot said:

Need advice on which low mass bcg to use. It will be going in an Armalite 13.5in barrel chambered in .223 with the adjustable gas block and jp silent capture spring. 

 

I have been looking at the JP and Iron City Rifle Works bcg. 

 

 

JP over iron city all day long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only have personal experience with JP, so I really can't make a fair recommendation. I do know that when parts weigh less and have the same amount of force applied to them, their velocity increases. JP has engineered a system, with the low mass carrier, buffer and their action spring, that works well in conjunction with adjustable gas. JP increased the bearing surfaces of their carrier because of the increase in carrier speed. I would recommend using a titanium firing pin due to increased carrier speed to lessen the possibility of a slam fire, no matter whose carrier you decide to use.

I have two JP rifles with JP LMOS, one has many thousand rounds through it, neither rifle show any signs of fatigue on any of the reciprocating parts.

Hurley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dropped the AIM low mass in my rifle and it works great.  Best price point out there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want the best value I would say Aim BCG.

If you want the lightest you'll need the Whiskey Arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the AIM BCG also, and it's worked great. The only issue I've had was it, was the gas key came loose after about 2000 rounds. The gas key wasn't staked correctly. After getting it repaired, it's run flawlessly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JP was the first.  I think JP is the best. 

 

I bought a JP for my 3-gun rifle back before there were all these other options.  I needed another carrier to go in a monolithic upper where I don't want to the carrier to chew up an expensive receiver.  I went with the JP again because of the increased bearing surface, even with the multitude of less expensive options on the market today.  

 

I would be amazed if you can wear out a QPQ JP carrier.

 

Plus I have never seen Aim Surplus sponsor a match or put stuff on a prize table at a match I have been to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vespid_Wasp said:

JP was the first.  I think JP is the best. 

 

I bought a JP for my 3-gun rifle back before there were all these other options.  I needed another carrier to go in a monolithic upper where I don't want to the carrier to chew up an expensive receiver.  I went with the JP again because of the increased bearing surface, even with the multitude of less expensive options on the market today.  

 

I would be amazed if you can wear out a QPQ JP carrier.

 

Plus I have never seen Aim Surplus sponsor a match or put stuff on a prize table at a match I have been to.

Yep....sponsor those who support us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any know if the Right to Bear lightweight BCGs are any good, they are priced like the AIM and look to be made by Rubber City Armory. They also have a no bs guarantee. What’s AIMs warranty on theirs? I’m trying to decide on one myself.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AIM is $100 bucks.  If it breaks I will buy another.  Thats my perceived warranty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the gas key come loose on the AIM carrier recently. Something I'll add to my preflight check from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dogtired no need to buy another one. I just emailed AIM the other day about their lightweight BCGs and they said they are lifetime warranty. I was going to grab one myself but took the chance on a used Iron City BCG in the classifieds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own JP low mass and JP ultra low mass.  I absolutely lover them and would not build a race gun with out them.  I go with the ultra low mass for really trying to dial down the gas and lower recoil.  I've ran them since the day they came out, no problems.  

I dont trust the others, Ive seen a few break and a few dont look like they are designed to last.  I dont own a jp gun but I run a lot of there components.  a very well trusted company in the comp world.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've used the JP LMOS and it has been fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for those running the low mass Whiskey Arms low mass bcg. What buffer, spring, gas system are you running?

 

I am having some teething / set up issues with my low mass adjustable carrier 2A bcg. Using carbine buffer with weights removed, red extra power spring and dialing back to lock up on empty mag 

but still getting occasional mis-feed. The live round after firing about 2 to 3 consecutive double taps jams tip up with the bolt jammed into the casing midsection

 

dialing gas down to single shot mode and then dialing up to mag lock back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Joeg26er said:

Question for those running the low mass Whiskey Arms low mass bcg. What buffer, spring, gas system are you running?

 

I am having some teething / set up issues with my low mass adjustable carrier 2A bcg. Using carbine buffer with weights removed, red extra power spring and dialing back to lock up on empty mag 

but still getting occasional mis-feed. The live round after firing about 2 to 3 consecutive double taps jams tip up with the bolt jammed into the casing midsection

 

dialing gas down to single shot mode and then dialing up to mag lock back...

 

Have you tried a reduced power spring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...