Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading for Bug Division, 9mm

Ontarget

I'm interested in reloading for Bug in 9mm. I would be interested in learning what powders and what loads IDPA shooters

use with the 95 PF. Do you use: fast powder, slow powder?  Light bullets, heavy bullets?  I will be shooting an M&P Shield. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I loaded some Xtreme 165’s over Winchester 572 (3.7g) for a fun bunny fart load that still ran a friend’s Shield.  I think you’ll have more luck with the “heavies” (147 to 165) than anything lighter unless you change out the recoil spring.  Those little guns have heavy recoil springs that light weight, low PF loads just won’t run/overcome..  Using heavy bullets makes it a breeze w/out changing springs.  You’ll still be over 100pf but under 115pf I’m guessing.  If your going to change springs, then try some 100gr XTremes and maybe some Clays.  I have a recipe but it’s for 128pf.  

• 2 weeks later...

With 1 point down equaling 1 second, under the newer rules, accuracy is more important than time.

None of my M&Ps have done well with anything heavier than 147 grain, but, every barrel seems to have it's own preference.

In my compact, either Zero 147 grain jhp, or Extreme 147 grain hp, with 3 grains of VV310 behind them is the load it seems to like best.

For most accurate load, once fired brass, that has been fired in the pistol you are loading for makes a huge difference.