Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any opinions on mech tech systems

Hello: I have owned three of them for Glocks. I still have one, the others were sold to people that wanted them than me. They go bang every time and are just fun to shoot. They are accurate out to 200 yards since that is as far as I have sighted one in at. The recoil is more than a setup AR9mm and the trigger is not as good. Overall they just work. Are they the best setup for PCC, not really but they do go bang and are very well built. Thanks, Eric

Not sure how the XDM platform works, but the Glock is great. Buddy on our little shooting team runs one very competitively. Made "A" with it and is close to "M".  Uses his open Glock 17 lower with a pretty good Pyramid Trigger. Runs factory ammo. Found a clamp on comp. that he swears actually works.  No buffer or any parts to adjust, so recoil is what it is. 

gerritm

The trigger comment depends on the lower that you supply to the upper.  Mine had an SV Hi-Cap lower with a 1.5lb trigger, so it was sweet.  

I personally never experienced the kind of accuracy that Eric claims, mine would hold a pie plate at 75 yards, that is about all that I could hope for.  

I am pretty sure that my Open SV was more accurate than the Mech-Tech.  The problem is not the barrel, it is the fact that the barrel "free floats"

inside of the tubular upper receiver.  The barrel fits tightly into an aluminum block and the aluminum block slides into the tubular housing and it has 4 bolts

on each side that locate the barrel into the sleeve and keep it from turning or sliding in or out.  The bolts do not clamp the inner block to the outer receiver,

they merely locate it.  The inner block is allowed to move or turn a small amount.  With the scope attached to the tubular receiver, you can see how the 

accuracy can degrade.

My gun has been 100% reliable through thousands of rounds, reliability was never a problem.  We also machined the barrel and installed a large brake that

was pinned in place.  That helped a lot since there is no real tuning possible internally.   It was fast, cheap and fun, but not in the same league (quality wise)

with an AR based PCC.