Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
P.E. Kelley

CZ Custom BULL Shadow Review!

Red_Dot, Thanks.  What is really strange is  on their web site (CZ Custom) they show the Bull Shadow as you describe and then there is the NEW  Bull Shadow with the dust cover and the rail.

11 hours ago, Texas45 said:

Red_Dot, Thanks.  What is really strange is  on their web site (CZ Custom) they show the Bull Shadow as you describe and then there is the NEW  Bull Shadow with the dust cover and the rail.

The only one that matches your description is the SP01 Bull Shadow https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom.html

Correct, and I guess that one IS NOT approved for Production/CO?

2 hours ago, Texas45 said:

Correct, and I guess that one IS NOT approved for Production/CO?

That is correct, not yet approved for production/CO

I sure this is somewhere on this site, but can't find.  Which +4 mag extensions do you use? Use the factory mags? Or buy new Mec mags. Thanks

On 6/25/2019 at 7:25 AM, Red_Dot said:

That is correct, not yet approved for production/CO

Does this imply that it will be?  Because that's what I have the oddest desire for.  Preferably with an ACRO.  

On 6/24/2019 at 5:02 PM, Red_Dot said:

I own one of each.

Shadow2 Bull uses a Shadow2 frame that’s blended to the contour of the Bull slide. It’s also got a dust cover with a mounting rail. Comes with 3 17rnd mags

Bull Shadow uses a CZ75 Frame without a dust cover or rail. Comes with 2 16 round mags

Shadow2 is considerably more nose heavy and feels larger in the hand.

So which do you prefer comparing the two and not worrying about the list right now?

I'm coming from the S2 world so I lean towards that style but always willing to try something new like the CZ75 Bull (new for me). Also the CZ75 Bull is less expensive, I notice.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, lfine said:

So which do you prefer comparing the two and not worrying about the list right now?

I'm coming from the S2 world so I lean towards that style but always willing to try something new like the CZ75 Bull (new for me). Also the CZ75 Bull is less expensive, I notice.

Thanks.

I prefer the Bull Shadow over the Shadow 2 Bull mostly because I feel the Shadow 2 is optimal for Large+ size hands and the standard CZ75 frame is for Medium and smaller

My Bull Shadow is off being milled for a red dot at this moment. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the Shadow 2 I was shooting in CO.