Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange Magazine Release

cheby

FWI:

Our factory has started importing the TSO with an orange paddle style magazine release, new trigger, and a new extended safety. The safety is the same as the Shadow 2 extended safety and will drop in. However, because the Tac Sport uses a different design of magazine, that magazine release and trigger you mentioned are new parts made specifically for the TSO series. We have those parts on order from the factory, but no projected lead time yet for when we will receive those here. I have been told those parts should retro fit onto older TSO models.

Cole Fox
Customer Service Manager
913-321-1811 (ext 4308)

28 minutes ago, telligentgunner said:

FWI:

Our factory has started importing the TSO with an orange paddle style magazine release, new trigger, and a new extended safety. The safety is the same as the Shadow 2 extended safety and will drop in. However, because the Tac Sport uses a different design of magazine, that magazine release and trigger you mentioned are new parts made specifically for the TSO series. We have those parts on order from the factory, but no projected lead time yet for when we will receive those here. I have been told those parts should retro fit onto older TSO models.

Cole Fox
Customer Service Manager
913-321-1811 (ext 4308)

Send me your mag release and I’ll retrofit it like I did on mine this way:

6485666-F-4693-40-B3-9-B99-6329005-B19-D

E0-CE5-D26-7360-4-FB6-92-A7-E2-CD6-EBA10

1 minute ago, George16 said:

Send me your mag release and I’ll retrofit it like I did on mine this way:

Thanks for the offer. I'll buy another one plus a Shadow 2 pad and take you up on that. Just let me know by private message where to send it and how much you'll charge.

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2017 at 12:47 AM, Leadpilot said:

A shadow 2 release doesn’t work because of the thumb pad, maybe a regular shadow release? I ended up cutting mine down, drilling/tapping, and installing a shadow 2 pad at an angle that felt more positive.

4BAC1A3A-1583-479B-9D92-D68ED362661F.jpeg

EAF79CBA-EAC1-4B78-B88C-22BC7D932B30.jpeg

That looks amazing. I may have to attempt this

5 hours ago, old558 said:

can anyone tell me if the Loc palm swell grips help with the mag release biting into my hand? Thanks in advance

I ran palm swells on mine for a bit and they did indeed help a little.  The mag release will still remind you of its presence after shooting for some time though.  I may pickup the new S2 style release (or mod mine) to see if that's an improvement.

As a lefty, the mag release on the TS Orange (original version) was causing me to drop mags inadvertently with my left index finger. Did an epoxy job behind the trigger guard to keep offending finger away. I find that I can manipulate the release easily this way without having to grind it. On my CzechMate I ground the mag release down to more modest dimensions as well as the epoxy build. Both work fine. YMMV.

On a southpaw note: when I reversed the mag release for operation by left thumb, reliability plummeted because the holes on the magazines that engage the mag release aren't symmetrical, so the rounds don't always make it up the ramp and the gun won't fit the Standard Division box.