Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shoot ALL the Targets Dummy!!!

Eureka1911

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hate memory stages. We have one just about every month at our local match. I always count targets first and then I will go behind the targets and look to see positions in which they can be shot. It helps but I still miss targets from time to time. It always helps when you are not the first shooter!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NamesNotMike said:

I forgot a popper this fall that was white in front of a white no shoot and it was below another target that I shot. They where all in plain sight!

At the contests that I've been going to, recently, anything that is white has been a no-shoot - including steel targets. Shootable steel targets are usually painted yellow.

edit:

like this one I helped RO a month ago. Some shot the white mini popper too...

7.png

Edited by perttime

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:21 AM, perttime said:

At the contests that I've been going to, recently, anything that is white has been a no-shoot - including steel targets. Shootable steel targets are usually painted yellow.

edit:

like this one I helped RO a month ago. Some shot the white mini popper too...

7.png

Unfortunately all of the poppers where white and this one was placed in front of the no shoot on purpose, to get some poor forgetful shooter! My son and I even talked about it during the walk through.  In the spring when the grass is brown the stage planners have been known to paint the steel brown, they're just mean that way!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like every match has somebody forgot a target. I know I have skipped a port with 3 targets. Last match I was at, I had a target I knew exactly where it was and shot at it...I didn't realize that the target had hardcover over everything, but the head...I walked by the target I don't know how many times and didn't realize it until they scored it. It happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just had a match this past weekend with a shoot house. There was one hidden target that could only be seen from a very specific corner that you would otherwise stay out of to make the transition to the last two targets easier. I walked the stage probably 5 times, carefully counting for reloads (Production), and I don't think I noticed that target a single time. Had I been counting targets I would have noticed I was missing one.

The toughest part is that I may well have walked away with a stage win on that stage had I shot that target. Lesson learned, count the targets for long stages or stages with hard cover.

• 1 month later...

I went through about a 3 month period of doing this multiple times. I previously shot some of the best matches of my life in limited division and just let the wheels run off the train I guess! I had Shooters block or something. I just zone out and start blasting and run past targets and when the stage was over I just couldn't believe it happened again.

• 4 weeks later...