Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex AMG UH-1

Have a Spitfire and hate the reticle.  Way too busy for me.  If the rings were smaller, might be doable, but as is no thanks.

Looking to replace my Eotech.  Was hopping the redesigned Burris 1x would be worth talking about, but might as well wait for 12" of snow in Phoenix by the time they release, if ever.

On 12/13/2017 at 12:14 PM, bishop414 said:

Have a Spitfire and hate the reticle.  Way too busy for me.  If the rings were smaller, might be doable, but as is no thanks.

Looking to replace my Eotech.  Was hopping the redesigned Burris 1x would be worth talking about, but might as well wait for 12" of snow in Phoenix by the time they release, if ever.

A dot with a ring around it is "too busy"...???

I think with EOTech being a nonstarter nowadays for a lot of  individuals and agencies there is a spot in the marketplace for this optic. The problem is that number one it’s expensive and number two it weighs in at 11.8 ounces. That weight doesn’t exactly fit into this world of mini red dots which Tip the scales at hardly anything and are extremely robust. I just hope that vortex created an optic that is more than just  “not an EOTech.”

Edited by jkrispies

On 12/16/2017 at 8:49 PM, wgj3 said:

A dot with a ring around it is "too busy"...???

The ring is around 6 MOA thickness, then a second ring at 3 MOA thickness or so.  Hard to focus on the 1 MOA dot when shooting at range in my opinion.

400-500 yd shots with anything bigger than 2 MOA is tough, again, my opinion.

Again, not looking for a PCC dot, but a 3 gun dot.

I really like my Eotech, but have found the zero shifting due to temperature extremes.