Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun scope suggestions

gotigers

I have used a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x for 2 years in 3 gun. It has just crapped out on me for the second time. I want to move up in quality. any suggestions? 1-6x, 1-8x, I prefer MOA, but mil is ok, budget $900. No more strike eagles.

That is a good deal. I really like the reticle, very nice that it is set for a 200 yd zero and the range finder on the left. Maybe a bit pricey for SFP. It is a contender.

Does C-more manufacture it themselves?

Thanks

14 hours ago, rondog said:

I don’t mean to hijack your thread but, will Vortex allow you to exchange your broken one and pay the difference for the upgrade?

I contacted Vortex asking what they will do. If it doesn't work out with Vortex, I will probably get the C-more.

@mattman @OPENB give some reviews once you shot yours.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:16 PM, gotigers said:

I have used a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x for 2 years in 3 gun. It has just crapped out on me for the second time. I want to move up in quality. any suggestions? 1-6x, 1-8x, I prefer MOA, but mil is ok, budget $900. No more strike eagles.

I'm a die hard vortex guy.  Your optic choice has quite a bit to do with your budget.  I def recommend checking out the new viper pst 1-6.  If you can afford it make the jump to the razor.  The glass compares to optics that cost 30-40% more.  Check em out. You wont be sorry.

Got my C-more C3 mounted in an Aero Ultralight SPR mount. Clarity is excellent. Focus was dead on. I love the lift-to-adjust turrets. I'm comparing it to an older XTR14, XTRII 1-5, &  Strike Eagle 1-8. The XTR14 glass is good, and the others lag behind a little. I've always liked the horseshoe dot reticle, but I'm really looking forward to trying this dot reticle. Think of a C-more with a bdc under it. It's lighter & shorter than the XTRII also. The bdc is set up for a 50/200 zero w/55gr. ammo. How easy is that? Close head shots won't need as much "hold high." Too cold & I'm too busy to shoot anytime soon, but still excited. Forgot to mention the price. $814 is too good to pass on this. 

Edited by OPENB

I picked up a Vortex PST Gen ii for $560 new. I couldnt pass it up for that. I got it today and havent mounted it. The glass is very good, 2 fold better than the strike eagle. Less distortion at the edges and much better resolution. The PST Gii feels very well built, good clicks, good eye relief, great parallax, good red dot, etc. I'll post more after range time.

Who uses the cute little sun shade?

Edited by gotigers

39 minutes ago, gotigers said:

I picked up a Vortex PST Gen ii for $560 new. I couldnt pass it up for that. I got it today and havent mounted it. The glass is very good, 2 fold better than the strike eagle. Less distortion at the edges and much better resolution. The PST Gii feels very well built, good clicks, good eye relief, great parallax, good red dot, etc. I'll post more after range time.

Who uses the cute little sun shade?

You got a killer deal in that optic! Hope you enjoy it! Look forward to hearing the range report.

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Were they very close at 1x, or at 6x ?

Was it a very bright day, or overcast/misty?

Both BUT we were only shooting at 50 yards and some close targets (so the reticle wasnt even a factor). It was overcast. Next time I shoot with him, I'll take both scopes over to the long range and compare at 6x and 600 yards. The bezel on the razor is a little thinner. That combined with a slightly wider field of view makes for a slight advantage at 1x. I think the locking illumination on the razor is also nice as he bumped his pst to the off position once or twice. Dont get me wrong, I think the razor 1-6 is fantastic but handling both size by side, I dont think it's worth double the price of the pst gen ii 1-6 for the average shooter. With that being said, I'm definitely a novice and personally have trouble telling the difference between good glass and great glass.

On 12/12/2017 at 4:49 PM, rondog said:

I don’t mean to hijack your thread but, will Vortex allow you to exchange your broken one and pay the difference for the upgrade?

My name is Adam and I'm in the Customer Care Department at Vortex. There is no limit to what we will do to repair or replace your optic to make sure you have a 100% specimen of the model you bought. However, we sell to the public via our dealers. In the interest of protecting our relationship with our dealers we are not able to process returns or upgrades. Dealers see that kind of thing as undercutting, so there is binding language in our dealer agreements that differs exchanges as upgrades to the dealers. 

OP- Please contact me directly amaxwell@vortexoptics.com or 608-821-0502

5 hours ago, ambluemax said:

My name is Adam and I'm in the Customer Care Department at Vortex. There is no limit to what we will do to repair or replace your optic to make sure you have a 100% specimen of the model you bought. However, we sell to the public via our dealers. In the interest of protecting our relationship with our dealers we are not able to process returns or upgrades. Dealers see that kind of thing as undercutting, so there is binding language in our dealer agreements that differs exchanges as upgrades to the dealers. 

OP- Please contact me directly amaxwell@vortexoptics.com or 608-821-0502

Vortex did, quickly, replace the Strike Eagle. I sold the new replacement to fund the PST Gen ii 1-6x. Thanks for checking in.