Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC technique

@TonytheTiger

Just grab your gun and mount it normally without thinking. Then stand upright but leave the buttstock against your body. Is it under the jaw on that side, or over in your shoulder pocket?

If you put the rifle out in your shoulder pocket it’ll tend to rotate your body outward with recoil as that shoulder is pushed back - dot will lift up and to your strong side. If you were able to mount the stock dead center in your chest, your dot movement would be (theortically) completely vertical.

It’s equally important to DRIVE the chest and offhand into each other - if you want the gun to shoot flat, clamp it in place at both ends. Don’t let it wiggle at all.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Thanks for all the good advice. I just tried moving the stock in toward my pec and i found it to be uncomfortable and I imagine shooting like that would be slightly painful having the stock hitting the collar bone. 

9 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

You don’t have to hold the gun as tightly with the strong hand as you do with a handgun. Since you can split faster with a rifle and still hit things, it’s helpful to prevent trigger freeze.

Mount the gun on your pec below the eye and then bring your head down the stock. Don’t mount the gun conventionally in your shoulder pocket and lay your head over 45 degrees onto the stock.

Grip hard on the handguard and drive the gun back into your shoulder.

Additionally, learn to pull the stock up over your shoulder when moving so the rifle can be level, instead of keeping the stock in front and dipping the muzzle down toward the ground in an arc around walls. The Max Leograndis videos linked above will show this very clearly.

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2018 at 1:48 AM, RaylanGivens said:

If you look at the stage summary in the lower left hand corner of the video, Max received a Foot Fault procedural on that stage...  It's highlighted in red on the screen.

I ran it in slow motion and it was close...  Max might have been too fast for the RO.

It does look like an interesting way to deal with a hard left side lean though.

I dug this thread up out of the dead.

That first clip at 31 seconds is the most "gamer" stuff I've ever seen. 🤣🤣

I'd love to practice that but I can see RO's giving you penalties because it SEEMS like it should be against the rules even if done properly - so I'm not quite sure how I feel about it.