Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore slide ride for carry optics?

RJH

I searched but didn't see an answer.  Is there any reason not to use a Cmore slide ride for carry ops?  If shooting a plastic gun I wouldn't think making weight would be an issue, is there something else I am missing?  I know it would hang off the back of the slide but I like the idea of that big glass.  Does hanging off of the back of the slide make it illegal, or do people just not like it? 

7 minutes ago, RJH said:

I searched but didn't see an answer.  Is there any reason not to use a Cmore slide ride for carry ops?  If shooting a plastic gun I wouldn't think making weight would be an issue, is there something else I am missing?  I know it would hang off the back of the slide but I like the idea of that big glass.  Does hanging off of the back of the slide make it illegal, or do people just not like it? 

Can not be frame mounted. Must be slide mounted. Other than that it would be legal

I've never seen one that wasn't mounted to a frame mount, but according to C-More's website...

"The Slide Ride was originally designed to mount directly to the slide of Glock handguns..."

So if you were to mill the slide to accept it, it should be legal.

32 minutes ago, Shadyscott999 said:

good luck getting that thing to eject mounted on the slide or finding a holster

holster wouldn't be an issue, ejection however could be

2 hours ago, RJH said:

Yessir, hanging off the back of the slide is illegal. To wit: 

Optical/electronic sights REQUIRED;

must be attached

directly to slide

*****between rear of slide and ejection port,******

and may not be mounted to the frame

must be attached
directly to slide
between rear of slide and ejection port,
and may not be mounted to the fram

5 minutes ago, titandriver said:

must be attached

directly to slide

must be attached
directly to slide
between rear of slide and ejection port,
and may not be mounted to the fram

This simplifies things, Thanks

1 hour ago, Jeff_Alan said:

Doubt it will fit the box with the optic hanging over the back. Just try a RTS2

Is there a box for CO? I thought that got scrapped. But I don’t pay much attention to the division.

must be attached
directly to slide
Optical/electronic sights REQUIRED; must be attached directly to slide between rear of slide and ejection port, and may not be mounted to the fram

It would be attached between the rear of the slide and ejection port, it would just hang over.

Are you sure that is what would make it illegal?

1 hour ago, tyman1876 said:

It would be attached between the rear of the slide and ejection port, it would just hang over.

Are you sure that is what would make it illegal?

While it sounded good at first, now I am not sure.  It is looking legal to me. 

8 hours ago, Sarge said:

Is there a box for CO? I thought that got scrapped. But I don’t pay much attention to the division.

I looked at the CO appendix and didn't see anything about a box, but could of missed it.  The CO appendix is more convoluted than the production appendix, with the amount of "this is allowed, this is not"

8 hours ago, Sarge said:

I looked at the CO appendix and didn't see anything about a box, but could of missed it.  The CO appendix is more convoluted than the production appendix, with the amount of "this is allowed, this is not"

50 minutes ago, RJH said:

Good point - I'd tend to agree with you. Only one way to find out I s'pose, contact Troy for clarification. I'd definitely like to see what it looks like on the pistol should you choose to mount it that way!

1 hour ago, RJH said:

Yes it would be legal if the attachment point was per the rules.

I say try it. I want to see it.?

I saw one years ago

the front of the c-more was directly to the rear of the ejection port, the back was hanging past the end of the slide

most holsters should work as long as it doesn’t have a thumb break or retention hood

I called Springer precision about this and he suggested that this may not be the best option for my gun (xdm 5.25), so I am going to take his advice and go a different route.  If yall want to see it, some one else will have to be the Guinea pig  haha

OK--went and did a little measuring.  Set a c-more on top of a G17 slide.  With it set so both mount

screws had something to screw into, it hung over the rear of the ejection port about 3/16" and had

1.6" hanging off the rear of the slide.   Could be done---not sure why anybody would want to.

Late to discussion. Weight lightest is 3 oz. and heaviest 4 1/2” oz. The later is fairly heavy. 4.8” length is long and holster could be an issue. 1.25” wide and 1.95” tall. It is a large red dot. Look at Vortex Viper or Venom. Smaller in some dimensions and slightly lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk