Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clean Shot powder for 40sw

osw333

Some locals use it in 40, they really like it. Based on their recommendation I picked up some to try in 9mm.

My experience in 9mm, slightly slower than Titegroup and Bullseye, 0.1gr more to equal velocity, better case fill, meters very well. Very low SDs ~4fps, decent accuracy.

Getting a little smoke but it could be my bullets.

is that no hazmat a coupon ? or only on some powders ? not seeing it. Want to see if I can find some Sport Pistol
Only with 2 pounds of that one powder, but I am willing to try it. Would like to use it with 9mm, 40 cal and maybe 38 special

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like it alot in 40. 4.5gr under a coated 180 gr blue at 1.175. Also 4.1/4.2gr under a coated 200 gr blue at same oal. Averages 10 or less on sd. 

Used 5.0 grs with 180 hp fmj Precision Delta at area 6 match and had 6 sd at chrono and a 173 pf. 

All shot with a 5in sti 

• 2 weeks later...

I found it works extremely well in 9 and .40 in the dry air of Winter. Nice and soft, accurate and fairly clean. In the heavy air of summer it smoked like a freight train with coated bullets but was tolerable with jacketed or plated. It smoked so much it caused me to switch to Sport Pistol which does not smoke at all with coated bullets in the summer. Other than having to look around the smoke in the late afternoons of Summer I found it to be a great all around powder.

Anyone using Clean Shot for major 40? How's it compare to other powder like N320, WST and E3? 6e228f785476e18f81bcaef5b3a8c425.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any experience with the Ultimate and/or Heavy powders, I am about to put an order in but now it's 4 pounds.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 12/15/2017 at 10:48 AM, 57K said:

Ultimate is a newer powder with no with Accurate equivalent. Lovex, who makes the Shooter's World powders, once supplied Accurate with #5, #7 and #9. Download their data and info that shows the powders they are closest to. Some of their promotional ads were even used by Accurate. ;)

Thanks for the lead.  I am taking a look at them and there is no "exact" match, but I am narrowing it down to a few powder possibilities.

• 2 months later...

I use Clean Shot and am very happy with it. 40 Cal, 180 Coated with 4.6 gr, 1.125 oal, gives me 880fps out of G23 and G2 Taurus. 4.8 gr started showing flat primers and a bit more pop...not as accurate as 4.6.  My KEL-TEC LOVES this load and gives me 1080-1097fps during cooler weather. Havent shot it on hot days. Here in the mountains of NC, we dont see 90 degrees often. These loads work great in 40-60 degrees for me... just out shooting targets and having fun. When summer comes, I'll start at 4.2 and see if the HOT days make a difference.

The powder meters well...after I got it set...It is a FINE powder and it did take a while to find the MAGIC spot, but after I found it in my LEE dropper, it has remained a solid 4.5--4.6 grains.  I also use Unique and Power Pistol, but I get more loads for less money with Clean Shot. Looking to try Sport Pistol when I get my hands on it.  I get a lil more Speed outta Unique, but for an extra amount of powder...I should get faster loads ! Just start LOW and work up SLOWLY....REMEMBER, These loads were developed in COOL weather...shot in cool weather.  Try some CleanShot...you will enjoy it

• 2 years later...