Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Small Frame Open

gerritm

Just got this. Runs great. Shot about a hundred rounds of loads I had for my Glock open/STI limited guns. Other than a few FTE stovepipes due to the loads being too light it shot well. Very little muzzle rise & dot track well even with the light loads. Good trigger @ about 2-3#. Going to develop a major load for it. Will shoot some USPSA & 3-gun with it. Have some HS6 & getting some Autocomp. That is what previous owners load was. 

Looking for a safety & slide lock lever. Maybe a big stick 25 round mag. Anyone got any parts laying around? I think standard Witness large frame parts will work.

Holster that will fit? Safariland 014? Need good lock for 3-gun. Have had several Tanfo limited guns in the past. 

Need a new project gun.

gerritm

tanfo21.jpg

1 hour ago, SCTaylor said:

Well, I was going to offer help but my Limited-Open is a large frame. Cool gun Gerrit.

I miss my Tanfo Limited guns. Always fit my hand best. Looking forward to playing with this. Like my Glock 34 open for reliability, but this gun is so much softer shooting and smooth.

After shooting it, I am sure it will run minor for 3-gun effectively and will see if I can get a major load for USPSA right at PF with the recoil spring set up. Have a few extra springs to test.. Don't shoot alot of open major USPSA anymore, had the PCC bug bite me. Still have a few parts left from before. 

What mag springs and followers work best? I have some 20/21 round 140mm mags and a couple of small 16 rounders. All seemed to work good, but always like to have a few spare springs and followers. 

Is there a way to look up the age and exact model with the serial#? 

gerritm

tanfo21.jpg

tanfo11.jpg

Edited by gerritm

I haven't shot the gun yet but it came with 1 MBX 170 and 4 large frame K9 9mm magazines with Henning basepads and aftermarket spring & follower. Everything was reported to run well.

Maybe one day I'll get it out before selling it off!

You can use the Mag checker on the eaa website to determine the age of the gun.

https://eaacorp.com/magazine-lookup

It looks like you have a Promag 20 already, with Grams spring and follower I get 26 in that mag as is.  Waiting on a plus two extension to see if it will fit the gauge.

I made a slide racker.  The dovetail is slightly oversize from the 1911 but with some minor beating with a hammer....(on the racker?).

Edited by dogtired

3 hours ago, dogtired said:

You can use the Mag checker on the eaa website to determine the age of the gun.

https://eaacorp.com/magazine-lookup

It looks like you have a Promag 20 already, with Grams spring and follower I get 26 in that mag as is.  Waiting on a plus two extension to see if it will fit the gauge.

I made a slide racker.  The dovetail is slightly oversize from the 1911 but with some minor beating with a hammer....(on the racker?).

Thanks, I will look it up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 7:27 AM, arkadi said:

My experience so far - CZ and Tanfoglio small frame mags are interchangeable (if mag button is on the left, like on your gun).

CZC pads and follower kits with CZ SP-01 18-round and ProMag 20-round tubes for 24 and 28 rounds, respectively.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=80719.msg593119#msg593119

What base pad are you using to get the Promag to 28 rounds?

• 1 month later...

tanf1.jpg.5319a1e3c9bd9fece257b7fe5587f2c1.jpg

So far as the small frame mags go, CZ75 basepads work.  I have used the Henning ones and Taylor Freelance. Like the TF ones better as they come off easier with an allen screw. With both I can get 28 rounds with Grams 13 coil springs and followers. One thing I have noticed is my Glock springs work with the stock followers. I had some 33 round Glock springs and just cut a couple of coils off and they work great.

gerritm

Edited by gerritm