Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
NoFe2O3

Fiber Optic Front Sight for Buck Mark Black Label??

Hi All,

I just got a Browning Buckmark.  It's the Shot Show 2017 model ("Black Label").  I want to replace the plain black front sight with a fiber optic; maybe a red-dot rear later on; we'll see....

My gunsmith tells me that the front sight is not the same as that on most BuckMarks, and he can't find a Dawson to replace it.

Suggestions???

Thanks in advance; you folks have been an amazing source of info so far!!

You must have a contour model.  Hold tight - I have a guy making a prototype for me.  It will be after the first of the year before I have it.  Once approved it will be for sale.

I could not find one either.

steve

If you have a small drill press and a dremel tool, you can make your own. I have a 5.5 field, there is no aftermarket fiber optic sight for it, and I can't shoot with black on black anymore. Use a 1mm drill bit and a 0 finding ruler to get in the right spot.

20171026_221328.jpg

20171026_221410.jpg

20171026_221414.jpg

10 hours ago, vipertech said:

I have one of these in green and love it. 

Do you have any photos of it installed in your gun you could post?  

I do, sent them to a friend. I couldn’t find a side shot if u want one I’ll get it tonight. But it looks factory 

2A4D6249-35CB-459D-96C1-66EA1DD50041.jpeg

4 hours ago, vipertech said:

I do, sent them to a friend. I couldn’t find a side shot if u want one I’ll get it tonight. But it looks factory 

If it isn't too much trouble, I would like to see the side shot.  Either way, thanks for posting.  Been wanting a fiber optic replacement for mine, but could never find one.  

It is very bright in the daylight. First pic was in the house under in ceiling can lights 

17 hours ago, vipertech said:

It is very bright in the daylight. First pic was in the house under in ceiling can lights 

Thanks! 

The rimfire central guys turned me on to it.  Lots of good info over there also