Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Open experiences?

TANFARM

Any of you wise and learned members have experience with the CZ 9 mm open pistols?

Friend sent me a photo of the “ Parrot” finish on a custom open gun and it looked great.

Price with 4 mags and optics seems reasonable.....

Thanks in advance....

I also have a review on the CZ Czechmate you can find with the search function. 

Long story short, I enjoyed it but in the end I went with a 2011 and have been much happier, not to say I disliked the Czechmate. 

Parts availability was a big factor for me, you can't customize the CZ near as much and the few upgrades that most people look for are frequently out of stock.

I have both 2011 and CZ open gun.

They could both perform very well and no jam at matches.

The differences are Czechmate come out of the box and ready to compete. You don't need to and can't do much to it.

2011, I spend tons of time and parts to get to jam free, and shoot well. (Other option is spend the money and let others do that for you) 

Personally I like the Czechmate more. Just load and shoot.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ambluemax said:

IDK if it is self inflicted or related to the design...but I've never seen a CZ open shooter not struggle. Small sample size, but consistent.  

The only problem I personally had that was the guns fault was needing to replace the extractor spring with a stronger one and tuning the sides of the mags to avoid nose dives. 

Any other issues I had we're self inflicted, trying to change springs, loads, etc.