Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI Grand Master 3.5 Gen2/3- No break

KalashniKEV

Hey guys,

I recently picked up and installed a TTI Grand Master 3.5 trigger for the Gen 2/3 Glock.

After installing on my Gen 3 Glock 17, I experienced no break. The trigger just goes all the way back to the frame. This was annoying because I had to remove the striker to get the slide off and re-install the back plate.

I switched back to the OEM frame parts, put the slide on, and it passed a functions check... so the problem is not in the slide.

I re-installed the TTI frame parts and same deal- no break.

One more striker removal/tear down and back to all OEM parts and functions check is good.

I'm confident in my Glock maintenance skills... so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong... could this be a symptom of a Gen5 kit in a Gen3 gun? Is it normal that these parts came in a little envelope with the TTI logo and a card backing and nothing is marked?

Thanks for any help...

The tti connector is longer, making the trigger break further back. If your trigger bar or striker is altered/stoned/polished hard, trigger won't break. This is what happened to me. The tti connector makes trigger break so far back that you can't use any type of over travel screw/trigger housing.

Edited by Polymer

8 hours ago, Polymer said:

The tti connector is longer, making the trigger break further back. If your trigger bar or striker is altered/stoned/polished hard, trigger won't break. This is what happened to me. The tti connector makes trigger break so far back that you can't use any type of over travel screw/trigger housing.

I was thinking about this too- I gave it a good, hard squeeze for this reason before removing the backplate. Still no break!

That's why I was thinking maybe they sent me a Gen5? The parts and package are not marked in any way.

The pistol is an unmolested Gen3 G17.

The connector for all the gens are the same as far as i know. Call them up, their customer service is really good. I would have this issue occasionally with my g34 but never in any other Glock. I decided to use another connector.

7 hours ago, maverik said:

I have three of the TTI connectors and one of them does exactly as you describe when I install it. The other two work great so I'm not sure what's up with that specific one.

I emailed TTI about it but they never got back to me.

My experience with them is that their email responses are very hit or miss.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, JacobThomas said:

I had the same problem. Called TTI and they told me how to fix it. Mine was on a gen4, but the same exact problem was happening. Simple fix!

Care to share how to fix the problem?