Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Worn out XDm

Just4FunLP

I have a 9MM XDm 5.25 with over 70,000 rounds through it, and needless to say, it’s accuracy is totally gone.  It’s been in the safe for a couple of years now, and I’d like to get it fixed up again.  I assume a new barrel would be a good start.  I see new barrels for $225 on the springer site.  Is this the way I should go?  $225 is a little more than I dlike to spend. Is there a bushing or any fitting that needs to happen?  I’d hate to have to put $300 into it by the time it’s done.  

Thanks

well I can see your point , can buy a new complete gun for what 5 ish ?
I suspect the wear may be rifling and throat as well as barrel to slide fit due to wear.
I see KKM's  barrels at 185. ID probably fit one of them.
However I can give you a couple tips on the cheap.. One idea that costs nothing.  Buy .357 or .358 coated bullets.. Bigger than you are using now.
2nd tip,,, Id buy a throat reamer clean up the throat and then long load your ammo to make up for it. You can go to a rounder nose profile to get the bullet close to grooves yet still fit in mag. 

You can get a drop in fit Barsto and you'll be up and running again. If you don't know about fitting barrels and don't want to send  your slide to get a barrel fit, it is the most economical way to get a quality barrel going unless you can find a take off barrel.

Yea.  I may call them.  It’s been back twice.  Once for a chip in the slide where the slide release catches.  This may or may not have been a legit warranty type issue, never the less they fixed it.  The second time they replaced a front sight I knocked off in a window in the shoot house at Universal Shooting Academy.  I told them I didn’t expect them to fix it for free, but they did anyway.  Super customer service!  I wouldn’t be totally surprised If they replace this barrel for free, but that would be amazing.  I adsolutely tortured this gun.  

Right now Springfield custom shop is offering very few services for customer guns as they are trying to catch up on their full custom guns. Hopefully they will bring back all the services for customer guns soon