Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Community

Loweredchevy

I have shot different disciplines throughout my years and if there is one thing that is common in the gun community overall is the helpful and awesome people that are part of the various sports. Yes it is competitive, but somehow that gets pushed aside to help people a lot. I enjoy that a lot. Thanks to all!

The people are what make it worth doing or not. Imagine doing something you really enjoy all by yourself, no one else for miles. Gets old pretty quick. Then, imagine doing the same thing with a few or a bunch of good friends who all like to do the same thing. The fun part is in doing it with your friends. There are a lot of good people in shooting sports. When I'm on the firing line, I'm doing my best to win. Off the firing line, I will help anyone who asks, to get to their full potential. If they can outshoot me in a fair contest, I'm good with that.

Edited by Toolguy

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

I'd say this is true of competition shooters, but not necessarily of the greater gun-enthusiast set. I've found that a lot of people love guns because don't like or trust other people, not because they love to shoot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would agree with this as well. Competition shooting community generally rocks!

Many "gun enthusiasts" suck and are rude and ill-informed too...

Think about it!  What other sport would let potential new shooters use their equipment?  I've seen guys practically fight over who was going to let a new shooter use their shotgun on a stage.  Competition shooters are as friendly as they are competitive.

Being aware of the immense responsibility of owning and operating firearms is,  yes, a humbling and awareness-boosting experience. Those of us who met these qualifications locally were some of the greatest people I've ever met. Lots of trust, sharing, education, and humor. I've had the privilege of firing a lot of handguns that weren't mine--and likewise let these trustworthy folks put rounds through MINE.

RESPONSIBLE people who "master deadly weapons" are different than the ones who merely think it's macho and powerful to shoot guns. The truly powerful shooter knows when NOT to shoot.

Unfortunately, our local indoor range closed down a few weeks back and that blew a hole in our shooting community. It was a wonderful place to gather.