tomv

1 minute ago, jcc7x7 said:

Start at 7.6 with a 124/5

I use the RN loaded to 1.150 cause that's where the gun likes it

I run about 7.8-9grs cause that's where the dot likes it

At 7.8 it's 173-175 PF with the Bayou 124 RN

Thanks a lot jcc7x7

• 5 years later...

Five years ago there were few CZ open guns around, so they are likely all 2011 shooters.  The previous page is liberally sprinkled with "STI", and those allow much longer loading.

While it's not such a big deal if you're willing to load short for Minor, I highly suggest getting the chamber reamed if you want to shoot 9x19 Major loads.

1 hour ago, shred said:

Five years ago there were few CZ open guns around, so they are likely all 2011 shooters.  The previous page is liberally sprinkled with "STI", and those allow much longer loading.

While it's not such a big deal if you're willing to load short for Minor, I highly suggest getting the chamber reamed if you want to shoot 9x19 Major loads.

I've shot major loads with the PD 124gn fmj loaded out to 1.170 in my Czechmate. The jhp's just won't load long.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 3:26 PM, sig2009 said:

How in the world are any of you guys able to run the Precision Delta 124gn jhp at 1.170 OAL? My CZ Czechmate won't chamber those until I seat them at 1.150 or shorter.

You need to ream the barrel throat to get the longer COALs with certain bullet profiles…