Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQ after COF

wingnut

On 11/25/2017 at 6:57 PM, wingnut said:

Yes I understand, This is my first year and learning a lot. Just though he should have stop me. It’s not a problem it was my first DQ  it was the next to last stage. Stayed and help past and clean up after match. 

That behavior is what is going to make you a great squad mate and overall competitor!  EVERYONE will DQ sometime during their participation in the sport.  Another reason to start learning to hold the gun high (at eye level) for 2 reasons ... 1) keeps 'free' hand to perform tasks without sweeping it, and 2) Gun is already at level to re-acquire your next target after task is done with 'free' hand or movement is completed. Keeping the gun high reduces those 0.2-0.4 seconds it take to raise the gun back to eye level.  Works 99% of the time ... there will always be stages out there where you HAVE TO lower the gun to actually move.  Like running from the downrange to uprange ... got to keep the muzzle upgrange ... 

Again ... you are starting out with the right spirit by not becoming 'sore' but sticking around to help ... and by that you are learning without the stress of shooting too!