Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED 7000 External battery

horseman

So I have really liked the timer and have used it for several years. Last month I started Anderson's dry firing plan and have been using the timer 1-2 hours a day.  It has been agravating to go to the range or begin practice and have the timer shut off. After charging it shows full charge for an hour or so then 1/2 charge for some hours then no charge. No warning. An external battery would fix this problem but it seems the one they made is out of stock or discontinued everywhere since last year. 

So does anyone know of a source of external battery for the 7000?

• 2 months later...

Sorry to dredge up a post that's several months old.

Mine was doing the same thing, so I bought a replacement battery. It was never able to fully charge the replacement, either. As it sits now, my timer won't work without constant external power. I'm on the fence about asking CED for a repair quote or buying a replacement 7000. 

They now have a USB charging cable for the same price as the old battery pack. It may work to use that and a small USB cell phone battery booster. 

Update:

It's "dead dead." Won't even power up with external power. I'll do a necropsy tonight and look for a new timer. It's a slick unit when it works, but mine died after leading a very gentle and minimally used life. 

Edited by sleepdr
Update

To me, there is just so many things to keep an eye on with rechargeable batteries whether NiMH, Li-po, Li-ion, etc, is it too hot, is it too cold, it is overcharged, is it too deeply discharged, is it a correct charger, is charger available at all, etc? Just sayin'.

21 minutes ago, alexmg said:

To me, there is just so many things to keep an eye on with rechargeable batteries whether NiMH, Li-po, Li-ion, etc, is it too hot, is it too cold, it is overcharged, is it too deeply discharged, is it a correct charger, is charger available at all, etc? Just sayin'.

Amen. A good old 9volt works for me