Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Punisher on Netflix

LeviSS

15 hours ago, TaVikings said:

This is still on my to-watch list but I'm curious: what other Marvel Netflix shows do I need to have seen / would you recommend I watch before starting this? I've watched Luke Cage and just wrapped up Jessica Jones. I take it Daredevil is another? 

When I am done with season 2 of Daredevil, I will watch The Defenders then The Punisher. After that, since I started with Daredevil, I'll watch Luke Cage then Jessica Jones. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, benos said:

When I am done with season 2 of Daredevil, I will watch The Defenders then The Punisher. After that, since I started with Daredevil, I'll watch Luke Cage then Jessica Jones. 

You might want to watch Jessica Jones and Luke Cage before The Defenders.  Those characters will make more sense in The Defenders if you do.

19 hours ago, Garmil said:

Daredevil introduces the character and they make references to things that happened on daredevil during the punisher. It's not necessary to watch but is a good idea. I personally didn't watch daredevil first but only because I didn't know.

Ah, cool. Will add Daredevil to the pre-watch list, then. Thanks! 

On 2/14/2018 at 1:55 PM, jhgtyre said:

You might want to watch Jessica Jones and Luke Cage before The Defenders.  Those characters will make more sense in The Defenders if you do.

Thanks Larry. I was hoping for any sort of tips like that.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't really interested in Jessica Jones, but Netflix seems to be in a slump lately with shows I want to watch, so I decided to give it a try.  I'm almost done with the first season now, and I really like it.  It's another one that takes a few episodes to really get rolling.

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2018 at 4:34 PM, benos said:

Thanks Larry. I was hoping for any sort of tips like that.

That was good advice. I'm closing on the season's end of the Punisher, and while I like most all the other shows and episodes, the Punisher kicks serious ass.

Only real complaint of the show Ive heard so far is an overdone portrayal of a person with PTSD.

This is my complaint with almost every single movie/show that portrays PTSD at all. Like the movie Stop-Loss. They had they guy digging a fox hole in the front yard.... I can guarantee that has never happened.... I fully understand being more comfortable and used to certain situations and living conditions though (I for one have slept on the floor before because the bed didn’t feel right and it was the only way I could sleep) but no one has dug in a place to sleep in at their house.

Overall though I liked this series though, lots of good action scenes and a pretty good story line IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, RJH said:

So there is a season 2 of punisher? How long before they pull it, i need to get Netflix for a month i guess

Yeah, season 2 just came out last Friday.  I'm sure it will be on Netflix for a while.  The problem is that Disney has not allowed Netflix to continue to make future seasons of many of their Marvel series.  So, a third season looks unlikely on Netflix.

The reasoning seems to be that Disney is starting their own streaming video service.  They could continue on the Disney platform, but I have a feeling it will be pussified if they do.

50 minutes ago, jkrispies said:

I just started Punisher Season 1 based on this thread.  Really liking it so far.

Same here but I actually find it kind of slow after hearing how good it is supposed to be.

On 1/26/2019 at 11:26 PM, jkrispies said:

Just finished episode 3.  It’s picking up.  

Just wrapped up both seasons. Below zero temps are great for binge watching.

So, is there another season in the works?