Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 40cal small issues...

Oldhand

Having some small issues need a little advice,  I also need to get to the 50 posting count too..   Tanfoglio/limited/40cal

Having a few of my magazines trigger an auto close( 2 of the 7).  I've also noticed tonight that if a seat a full mag (in/out) 4 to 5 times it also will auto close.  Not sure if its mag issues, extractor spring etc..  But there have been a few times it will not go to battery and stick half way even with a partially loaded mag ( 3 of the 7).

The rounds don't appear to nose dive and cause a feeding,  but there are times it will not go to battery and stick half way then a thumb bump and it closes to battery.   

Do I need to change mag springs and followers ?  Extractor spring? 

Pistol has less than 1k rounds.  

Running the 12 lb spring now. 

Factory mag tech 180gr ammo.

Do you notice this happening on a particular mag or is it consistent with all you mags?

Also, check to see if you have the K series of mags; earlier initiations of the Tanfoglio mags weren’t so good.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:31 PM, Oldhand said:

Having some small issues need a little advice,  I also need to get to the 50 posting count too..   Tanfoglio/limited/40cal

Having a few of my magazines trigger an auto close( 2 of the 7).  I've also noticed tonight that if a seat a full mag (in/out) 4 to 5 times it also will auto close.  Not sure if its mag issues, extractor spring etc..  But there have been a few times it will not go to battery and stick half way even with a partially loaded mag ( 3 of the 7).

The rounds don't appear to nose dive and cause a feeding,  but there are times it will not go to battery and stick half way then a thumb bump and it closes to battery.   

Do I need to change mag springs and followers ?  Extractor spring? 

Pistol has less than 1k rounds.  

Running the 12 lb spring now. 

Factory mag tech 180gr ammo.

I have the K40 series mags and its with 4 of them that they do a partial load from initial seating of mag, once things are going no issue with nose diving or failure to load.  Going to buy some new mags from Cote to see if that solves the problem..

On 11/27/2017 at 2:15 PM, Oldhand said:

I have the K40 series mags and its with 4 of them that they do a partial load from initial seating of mag, once things are going no issue with nose diving or failure to load.  Going to buy some new mags from Cote to see if that solves the problem..

Brother, have been there and done that. Look at the Hennings mags for the solution to your problem. What OAL? If longer than factory get the 10mm mags. Call Henning Shop and they will walk you to your issue and give you viable solutions.

I will give them a call, it looks about the same price if I buy the base separate, gram followers and new tubes might as well get them in a one stop shop.  I have standard length 14 round mags all K40s, (haven't measured yet) I was looking at Cote website for the springer base plates and new mags ($50) to hopefully solve the problem,  or buy new guts and Henning ext base pads for my existing mags and see if that solves the problem, for basically the same money.  Like you,  I hate spending money twice on the same issue.  Question;  are the Henning mags in any way tuned by chance.

Dont know w for sure if they tune them. However, I went the way of purchasing a basepad and follower for my mags. Had to modify the basepad to fit the 140 gauge. Then i purchased the complete mags from hennings and they are perfect. Fit the guage, feed correctly, 20 rounds reloadable. I stuck with this route and have not had issues.

Talked to Henning earlier, he recommended the followers and base pads as normally the tubes are in good shape, so I'm going to order 4 of the kits and see what happens.  And seeing as long as they have a 20% discount sale it makes sense to order 4.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok , problem solved.  The new followers and springs work after adjustments, I adjusted the spring where they will not hang or drag when either dropping in and fall out free.

I also took part of the hook off the follower for the slide lock to keep from catching the mag lip and finally adjusted the lips so that they are wider in the front than back by .5

The gun ran flawlessly for TNS, with no jams or failure to loads in a gravel dusty conditions. 

Archived