Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 1 brass hits

Rolex

After shooting my x five with a 13 lb spring I have found the ejection side of the Romeo 1 has been getting hit by brass.

Its OK as long as the glass does not take a direct hit.

PF is 135. I had a 14 lb spring in but never left it in long enough to see if that did it.

Some where on here I read about this issue.

Any suggestions. I though a lighter spring would help ejection?

We see it as a FEATURE and not a fault...Smiths, Glocks,Sigs all have brass hitting the glass, have not tried a Springfield.

It seems that if the optic is behind the ejection port it is going to get hit.

Tom

2 minutes ago, 9146gt said:

We see it as a FEATURE and not a fault...Smiths, Glocks,Sigs all have brass hitting the glass, have not tried a Springfield.

It seems that if the optic is behind the ejection port it is going to get hit.

Tom

To bad as i have other guns with slide mounted optics- never had a hit on any of them- 

On 11/17/2017 at 8:29 PM, Bthomas said:

I had to drop down to a 12lb spring to get the brass to stop hitting the glass. I would prefer to use a 13lb spring but I think it's going to require some filing on the extractor in order to make it work.

I'll give 12lb a try. Thanks!

I put a 12 in. Put some white nail polish on the right side front edge on the Romeo where I can see the brass hit from yesterday.

Raining today- so ill hit the range tomorrow- and let you know how it worked- and if the double taps location are better or not-

I had a 14lb spring in that was hitting. I cut 2 coils off and tested 100 rounds yesterday. As far as I can tell, it's no longer hitting but results may be different in a match. I'll try it this Sunday at a match.

• 8 months later...