Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red Hill Tactical Holster for Stock 2

I just got my Red Hill Tactical holster today for my Stock 2 - double layered Gray/Red.  

I'm a bit concerned and am wondering if I should send this back to them - Unless the holster body screws are set very loose, there is quite a bit of drag on the pistol and I can clearly see kydex scraping along the front of the trigger guard as well as along the front of the slide to the 10 and 2 o'clock corners respective to the barrel.

Granted, it fits the pistol better than the Bladetech that I have, but the draw is definitely less smooth.  If I had a choice right now, I'd prefer the draw on the Blade-tech and accept a bit a play compared to the RHT right now.

Do I just practice dry-fire and drawing with it to "break it in" and let the kydex get "shaved" in the hang up spots or should it be a smooth draw straight from them?

8 hours ago, EDA said:

Do I just practice dry-fire and drawing with it to "break it in" and let the kydex get "shaved" in the hang up spots or should it be a smooth draw straight from them?

I had the same “issue” with mine. After a few dry fire sessions it fits like a glove!

On 11/14/2017 at 6:46 PM, MissionaryMike said:

I took a heat gun and slightly opened up the humps that catch either side of the trigger guard and retain the pistol in the holster.  I had to; it was just too tight. 

I had to do the same thing with the front of mine. Just got mine a couple weeks ago.