Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HIPERFIRE 24 3Gun On Sale $129.99

DVOR is part of Optics Planet.  They get some good prices there from time to time.  They advertise that the shipping cost is per day, so if you see something you like, you can order it immediately.  If you find something else later in the day, you can order that without any additional shipping.  I never found an opportunity to take advantage of that, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 12:33 PM, ramnj said:

Seems they might be part of OpticsPlanet. I just paid $150 for mine. 

They are part of Optics Planet and take forever to ship. One time I actually forgot I had ordered something it had been so long.... 

Hiperfire is getting the reputation as one of the triggers that seem to work properly with any configuration of parts.

Unfortunately, there is also a trend indicating that they may hit the firing pins too hard and may be causing firing pins to break more often than other brands.  

We need a metallurgist to weigh in here, but we likely need a slightly softer pin if they are cracking and snapping.  The harder the metal, although stronger, the more prone it is to cracking. 

I have seen several (including one of mine) where the head (where the hammer hits) is mushrooming to indicate that it is not too hard there.  That pin has not shown any signs of cracking or breaking, so I can live with some mushrooming.  

Hello: I think the breaking problem is that they are a bad design more than a hardness issue. I was a Tool & Die maker in a past life so I worked with a lot of different materials. A lot of the firing pins are stainless steel and have sharp corners where the stress crack can form. A smooth radius and good material would do a lot and also the correct heat treatment. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...