Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
onebadeye

Gmr-15 mags

Anyone having trouble with glock mags seating.ireally have to slam mine in for them to seatready to take a dremal to them.

Are you saying that you have trouble seating an empty mag?  

Mine slide right in with no problem at all.  That includes Glock and ETS.

They are hard to seat if full of bullets. The longer the magazine the harder it gets. Insert your mags with the bolt held back.

When shooting classifiers use the short mags (17 rounds), and only as many bullets as you need.  

Edited by MikieM

I would hazard a guess that most of the AR based PCC do this... as those above have commented, my NFA billet lower also needs a  reload magazine downloaded by a couple of rounds, and I initial load from an open bolt

a +2 mag pad and only 15 rounds loaded should cure your problem... that is what I use

My magwell is very tight on the sides. I am having issues even with empty mags being able to drop free the magwell is so tight. My buddies GMR13 is no where near as tight. I am starting to wonder if I have an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gmr13 is tight with any glock brand magazine but works smoothly with pmag brand mags. No binding and drop free. 

With my GMR-13, 17 rd mags loaded with 15 rds load fine on a closed bolt.  The same mags with Dawson +5 base pads work even better with 20 rds. Usually start with TF 41 rd mags fully loaded with an open bolt, with 40, they load with a closed bolt.