Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best holster for Evo grip

Rptstoy1

I’ve been shooting for years now, have used different holsters, no issues shooting sti/sv grips. Got a new Atlas with an evo grip.. replaced my daa insert to a PT compatible but for the first time, I’m not getting a consistent drawing.. it gets stuck, Gun not smoothly coming out.

Is there a daa insert specifically for Evo grips or the PT inserts should work?

Or is there any other holster in the mkt best for the Evo grips?

Thanks for any help.

• 9 months later...

I use a PT EVO on my Limited Gun and got the PT insert from DAA had nothing but issues the tolerances in the trigger guard from PT and not what I expected however I found that my STI insert works great which is a win win for me because I also shoot a STI grip on my open Gun 

I also had to open the block a bit. Mine was sticking like crazy and got pretty frustrating. But after taking some material off it slides out pretty fast

I love the Alpha X with the PT evo but I had to open the block up a bit 

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, chatsayson said:

did you have to remove some material from the block? Just want to confirm.

Yes, the part that goes into the trigger guard.  You remove a little at a time until it seats perfectly.  use a black marker on your grip and pull it in and out.  It also help if you take it out to get an idea of how it fits.  You are pretty much breaking the edge off.  

Edited by echotango

I have the double alpha and an evo grip.  I ordered the evo insert.  I love how secure the gun feels in the holster.  It doesn’t flop around at all.  But I am also having trouble with it not coming out of the holster on the draw.  It seems to get stuck.  I’m not too sharp on things so could someone please tell me where to relieve material to make this thing work before I buy yet another holster.....

49C9753B-37A5-4A4E-BB09-3C5BDA2EDFE8.jpeg

Edited by GetAwayDriva
Punctuation error

I’ve also noticed when I pull the gun out, the little block inside doesn’t always return to its full upright position?  I will have to pull the little silver button back up so I can get the gun back in the holster.

89CF2263-85B5-4EBD-9E7F-86BFA46702E5.jpeg

Edited by GetAwayDriva
Punctuation and grammar

Check the front grip screws that is what was sticking on mine. Take the front grip screws and out and see if it works in the holster.

If it does you need to shorten the barrel that the screws go in just a little. That is what I did on mine and it works perfect now, just a 

couple passes with a file is all that is needed. 

On 10/11/2018 at 9:21 AM, sauza45 said:

Check the front grip screws that is what was sticking on mine. Take the front grip screws and out and see if it works in the holster.

If it does you need to shorten the barrel that the screws go in just a little. That is what I did on mine and it works perfect now, just a 

couple passes with a file is all that is needed. 

This is the same problem that I was having. I read through this post and was like crap I really dont want to modify my grip. Then I read your comment and check. Sure enough one of my grip screws was sticking out a tiny bit. So I removed the collar, made a few swipes with the file and put it back in. Smooth as can be now. Thanks!!

• 3 months later...