Leohe8888

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

100% titegroup, I clean the extractor every great once in a while (annual cleaning or the mood strikes me or whatever) . There is always crud in and around the extractor but it does not seem to make any difference, seems like it quickly builds up to a certain level of crud & then just stays that way. 

correct, titegroup is the powder I have been using and I would not recommend for shooting volume with this gun unless you clean it often.

at 500 rounds it started failing to extract. Cleaned the gun and everything back to normal.

3 minutes ago, Avenida said:

correct, titegroup is the powder I have been using and I would not recommend for shooting volume with this gun unless you clean it often.

at 500 rounds it started failing to extract. Cleaned the gun and everything back to normal.

I use factory ammos and always clean it when i shoot whatever how many rounds i shoot 

9 hours ago, Avenida said:

Never had a failure to extract, shoot only titegroup & shoot around 2000 rounds per month during the summer. Have purchased a couple extra power extractor springs on advice but so far not installed them. 

I know I have cleaned around the extractor once in the last 6-7000 rounds and I think I have done it twice, could not tell any difference in how the gun works. Usually do a basic clean (barrel, slide) about every 1000 rounds or so, but I have been lazy before and pushed that a bit with no noticeable effect.

I'm guessing that widely varied tolerances in Tanfo's might be the reason why some of them seem to be more or less fussy about certain things. Noticed with my 2 stock 2's this week that their firing pins were made significantly differently, apparently they have more than one 3rd party supplier, could be something like that going on with extractors as well. Mirror polishing the extractor and extractor channel might possibly have helped my gun I suppose, I did all of that before shooting so no way to know if it made any difference. 

40 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Never had a failure to extract, shoot only titegroup & shoot around 2000 rounds per month during the summer. Have purchased a couple extra power extractor springs on advice but so far not installed them. 

I know I have cleaned around the extractor once in the last 6-7000 rounds and I think I have done it twice, could not tell any difference in how the gun works. Usually do a basic clean (barrel, slide) about every 1000 rounds or so, but I have been lazy before and pushed that a bit with no noticeable effect.

I'm guessing that widely varied tolerances in Tanfo's might be the reason why some of them seem to be more or less fussy about certain things. Noticed with my 2 stock 2's this week that their firing pins were made significantly differently, apparently they have more than one 3rd party supplier, could be something like that going on with extractors as well. Mirror polishing the extractor and extractor channel might possibly have helped my gun I suppose, I did all of that before shooting so no way to know if it made any difference. 

Same here, going on 13 k with tg with no extraction problems but I shoot a 40 cal. I have recently switched to wst which is so much cleaner and softer than titegroup.

Edited by bulm540

On 2017/11/12 at 12:27 PM, johnbu said:

Or maybe Friday after a too much vino at lunch?

Hello sir ,do you know is that 9mm stock2 can use .40S&W magazine ?

I just make sure everything is safe when i dry fire .

Thanks !

On 11/24/2017 at 1:13 AM, Leohe8888 said:

Hello sir ,do you know is that 9mm stock2 can use .40S&W magazine ?

I just make sure everything is safe when i dry fire .

Thanks !

The 40 mag will fit if they are both  the same frame size. In USA, 99% of the guns are large frame. In other places, they are predominately small frame.

BUT ! 9mm rounds will not be held in the 40sw mag as the lips are typically too wide. So, they will fit, but won't be usable to shoot.

5 hours ago, johnbu said:

The 40 mag will fit if they are both  the same frame size. In USA, 99% of the guns are large frame. In other places, they are predominately small frame.

BUT ! 9mm rounds will not be held in the 40sw mag as the lips are typically too wide. So, they will fit, but won't be usable to shoot.

I try to use .40S&W ammos and magazines for dry fire ,more safety ?

2 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

So you’re getting both guns?  Awesome!

I bought a brand new stock2 from my friend and he help me change alot stuffs.

Not  get shadow2 yet,nomore budget rightnow ,need save money ?

1 hour ago, Leohe8888 said:

I bought a brand new stock2 from my friend and he help me change alot stuffs.

Not  get shadow2 yet,nomore budget rightnow ,need save money ?

get another stock 2 when your finances allow. My back up gun before I got the second stock 2 was a glock 35 and it was a bear to carry different gear in another bag. 

12 hours ago, bulm540 said:

get another stock 2 when your finances allow. My back up gun before I got the second stock 2 was a glock 35 and it was a bear to carry different gear in another bag. 

Yes ,my friend told me same thing,I am looking for stock2 rightnow 

• 5 months later...
On 11/15/2017 at 5:53 AM, yigal said:

da very smooth  and breaks clean  all the way.  feels lite .very impressive . 

compared to sh2  SA  is the  same . but compared to cz tso is far:)

Yigal was this the Stock 3???

On 11/12/2017 at 11:27 AM, yigal said:

the difference that stock 2 will live more than shadow2.

in ours shooting club 4 shadow 2 have frame breakage after 10k factory ammo  . and old tan lim pro  small frame with bull barrel still shoot after 40k with the same ammo.

shadow2  maybe  better quality ,more reliable and pleasant  to shoot but i prefer tan. that made from real good steel. than sh2 that made from recycled car :o

and tan.  small frame (i  think it better than large frame) i see it as good base to start  make it much better.

CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow is proven and have few problems and i like that better than the shadow2. The slide stop pin of the CZ-75 need to be changed after some time on all the CZ and it´s clones. I´m still running my Jericho and just a few problems after more than 50k rounds

On 11/22/2017 at 9:39 PM, Avenida said:

just wanted to add to this, that this was happening when using tango stock extractor spring. Ever since I switched to a XP spring (WOLFF), no more issues and no need to baby the gun.

1 hour ago, Avenida said:

just wanted to add to this, that this was happening when using tango stock extractor spring. Ever since I switched to a XP spring (WOLFF), no more issues and no need to baby the gun.

Yeah, mine is a crud factory and doesn't bobble at all.

But, i think when these last 3-4 lb of TG are gone, ill switch powders.

20 hours ago, johnbu said:

Yeah, mine is a crud factory and doesn't bobble at all.

But, i think when these last 3-4 lb of TG are gone, ill switch powders.

8lbs to go over here!

just bought 4lbs of V320

• 4 weeks later...