Leohe8888

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I've got a stock 2 that's got rust. Hard chrome gun thats got some rust.  This is the second one I've seen that's rusting. 

So,......

do you clean your guns after shooting them? do you maintain them.

Never had any gun rust, ever. I clean my guns after every use. I shoot 12.000 rounds per year.

Edited by Avenida

5 minutes ago, johnbu said:

I thought you went back to tupperware?

Lol.  i can't keep up with your guns!

Ha ha. Man, I don't know what I'm doing!   

I've been shooting my Accushadow for the last month. My buddy is selling his .40 S2 so he's let me borrow it. I've got a Shadow 2 on order.  

I think I'm done with the plastic.

Just trying to decide if I want to go tanfo or CZ. I'm torn. I like both. The tanfo for me has the better grip and I prefer it's trigger. The cz has the better mag well and I like the supper thin safties. 

Torn....,

1 minute ago, Avenida said:

do you clean your guns after shooting them? do you maintain them.

Never had any gun rust, ever. I clean my guns after every use. I shoot 12.000 rounds per year.

It's a friend's gun actually.  I'd say no he doesn't. Neither do I.  Its hard chrome.  Not supposed to rust!  Right?!..... 

1 minute ago, B_RAD said:

Ha ha. Man, I don't know what I'm doing!   

I've been shooting my Accushadow for the last month. My buddy is selling his .40 S2 so he's let me borrow it. I've got a Shadow 2 on order.  

I think I'm done with the plastic.

Just trying to decide if I want to go tanfo or CZ. I'm torn. I like both. The tanfo for me has the better grip and I prefer it's trigger. The cz has the better mag well and I like the supper thin safties. 

Torn....,

Cough cough (buy both!) Cough cough

On rust; my kid has some kind of acid sweat (think the movie "alien"). If he touches a blue gun, it WILL rust. His lim pro isn't rusty.

My s2's have shiny spots from holster wear,  but (thankfully) no rust.  I'd bargain hard on the crappy rust bucket then clean it up and keep it lubed.

3 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Cough cough (buy both!) Cough cough

Man,. I've got to pick one and stick with it!  I literally switched guns 10 times this year.  All that time wasted on swapping parts, ploihsing and getting used to the new gun could have been put to far better use. So, I really want to make a decision and stick with it. 

2 minutes ago, johnbu said:

On rust; my kid has some kind of acid sweat (think the movie "alien"). If he touches a blue gun, it WILL rust. His lim pro isn't rusty.

My s2's have shiny spots from holster wear,  but (thankfully) no rust.  I'd bargain hard on the crappy rust bucket then clean it up and keep it lubed.

The rust doesnt scare me. It'll be a long time before it csused any issues.  I was just pointing it out to the tanfo supper fan. Tanfos are sweet and we've all seen they win, but they're kinda crappy.  Not hipoint crappy. But they're not too of the line quality. It's kind of amazing to see how much success they've had and to my eye they look like pot metal. 

Not sure I want .40 because of the cost to extra reload. 

4 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Man,. I've got to pick one and stick with it!  I literally switched guns 10 times this year.  All that time wasted on swapping parts, ploihsing and getting used to the new gun could have been put to far better use. So, I really want to make a decision and stick with it. 

Damn.....

1 minute ago, B_RAD said:

Not sure I want .40 because of the cost to extra reload. 

They do cost more. But if you get 165-170 gr coated bullets it's only a penny or so.  but losing brass does hurt more than losing 9mm brass!

2 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

I don't think the Shadow 2 is a crappy gun like you say. Perhaps CZ is having quality control issues, which is very unlike them historically. If there truly is an issue, hopefully they get it all sorted out, but it’s impossible for any company to produce anything at a 100% quality control level. And if there truly is an issue, hopefully it stays over there in Europe or wherever you are.

10 hours ago, yigal said:

u can be the  best shooter and use shit gun.

and  replace  it frequently  .;)

i don't think  that sh2 crappy gun. the intention  was to any shit gun. if u good shooter gun its only excuse for bad shooting.

all sh2 guns that breaks in ours club  shoots perfectly befor breakages.

all broken frames and guns was replaced by cz after they found  probably problematic batch. and from what i understand from them  it was  a relatively  small  amount of  guns. unfortunately we received them first.:lol:

Edited by yigal

58 minutes ago, Avenida said:

Do you clean your guns after shooting them? do you maintain them.

Hell no. Neither does anyone else I know who has been heavily involved in competitive shooting for years, and isn’t retired.

I clean mine less rhan twelve times a year. Definitely. They’re routinely oiled and greased, but actual cleaning? That’s a “once every 5,000 or so” kind of activity, or prior to a state match.

Cleaning guns religiously is fun. For a while. Everyone gets over it eventually once they learn how tolerant of fouling their weapons actually are.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

56 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Sheesh, you sound like pistol harlot. :o

Honestly, I loved the way the Stock 2 felt in my hand as well. And I would’ve kept with it instead of moving onto the Shadow 2 if not for the discouraging experience with its reliability, or the lack there of, on my first and second exposure to the platform.

FYI, CZC might, might, miiiight, have the whole Shadow 2 weight thing figured out for CO.  Time will tell, but pretty cool if it can happen. 

17 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Hell no. Neither does anyone else I know who has been heavily involved in competitive shooting for years, and isn’t retired.

I clean mine less rhan twelve times a year. Definitely. They’re routinely oiled and greased, but actual cleaning? That’s a “once every 5,000 or so” kind of activity, or prior to a state match.

Cleaning guns religiously is fun. For a while. Everyone gets over it eventually once they learn how tolerant of fouling their weapons actually are.

Most people don't know this, therefore, cleaning often and after shooting is what is recommended.

If you reload, your maintenance schedule will change depending on the powder you use, premium powder will foul less, cheap powder will foul more.

For example, I learned that the extractor of the stock II is very susceptible to fouling, and it is recommended to clean it every 500 rounds with dirty powder. That was my recent experience.

Also, we are discussing rust here. If you shoot your gun, just wipe the goddam thing with a rug and solvent to remove sweat, water, humidity and displace water and grime left by your hands.  It takes less than 3 seconds to do this, so being busy is no excuse.

Your gun will not rust if you invest 3 seconds before storing it.

Edited by Avenida

1 hour ago, Avenida said:

Most people don't know this, therefore, cleaning often and after shooting is what is recommended.

If you reload, your maintenance schedule will change depending on the powder you use, premium powder will foul less, cheap powder will foul more.

For example, I learned that the extractor of the stock II is very susceptible to fouling, and it is recommended to clean it every 500 rounds with dirty powder. That was my recent experience.

Also, we are discussing rust here. If you shoot your gun, just wipe the goddam thing with a rug and solvent to remove sweat, water, humidity and displace water and grime left by your hands.  It takes less than 3 seconds to do this, so being busy is no excuse.

Your gun will not rust if you invest 3 seconds before storing it.

I have my competition gun in my hands and average  2 hrs a day. Even on days when I don't practice or shoot matches I pick it up and dry fire a little.  

I don't care what it looks like or of it does rust a little.  I'm not wiping  it down everytime I put it down.

3 hours ago, Avenida said:

100% titegroup, I clean the extractor every great once in a while (annual cleaning or the mood strikes me or whatever) . There is always crud in and around the extractor but it does not seem to make any difference, seems like it quickly builds up to a certain level of crud & then just stays that way. 

1 hour ago, MissionaryMike said:

Bullseye guys don’t ever clean their guns. It “messes” them up. 

Not exactly,

A buddy is on the national guard rifle team. He shoots out to 1000 yds in competitions regularly.  They monitor group sizes and clean when they start to open up, then "season" by firing until the group closes back up.

They also use rounds that are clean and VERY consistent that are custom made with blended powders and every component checked and double checked.

But, yeah he cleans his barrel FAR less than people imagine. Well, uspsa competitors can well imagine it.