stock2 or shadow2 ?

Leohe8888

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

saw today tan. new models all black paint. all small frame.

all extreme  models s2 s3 and s2 australian model (limited)

da better than sa :o not bad at all. very accurate finish.  probably E.G. was pleased after his last victory.:lol:  of coarse they were  not made on monday .:)

Edited by yigal

7 hours ago, yigal said:

saw today tan. new models all black paint. all small frame.

all extreme  models s2 s3 and s2 australian model (limited)

da better than sa :o not bad at all. very accurate finish.  probably E.G. was pleased after his last victory.:lol:  of coarse they were  not made on monday .:)

DA better than SA....hmmmmmmmm ... That I would like to see. 

Edited by bulm540

3 hours ago, bulm540 said:

DA better than SA....hmmmmmmmm ... That I would like to see. 

da very smooth  and breaks clean  all the way.  feels lite .very impressive . 

compared to sh2  SA  is the  same . but compared to cz tso is far:)

2 hours ago, yigal said:

da very smooth  and breaks clean  all the way.  feels lite .very impressive . 

compared to sh2  SA  is the  same . but compared to cz tso is far:)

Dude, you are comparing apples to oranges. Of course the tso will have a superior sa.

On 2017/11/12 at 2:21 PM, johnbu said:

Word to the wise,  keep an eye on the shadow 2 frame where the slide release lever goes through.

Was shared some pictures that should make shadow 2 owners nervous. Hopefully it's already a corrected issue, but it's something to periodically inspect. 

Added picture showing early stage of crack that leads to a break in that location.  pretty odd place to fail, imho.  i haven't seen these in person, don't know the history behind them. Just thinking it's a spot to keep an eye on during detail cleans etc.

IMG_5075.JPG

It scare me  ??

13 hours ago, Leohe8888 said:

It scare me  ??

it's  "soft " pic.:lol:

u didn't saw the   pic. from  next stage.

it will  really frighten u. (at least cz solved the problem with s.stop issue  in sh2.  now he  holds the whole life of the gun);)

Edited by yigal

If the Shadow 2 build is more consistent from gun to gun I would probably lean towards it. My two Stock 2s are different. One is old frame with solid internal backstrap and the other is new frame with hollow internal and thicker dust cover. The trigger stack are also different. I’ve tried close to every Xtreme and PD part avail to get them to match and they don’t. So my backup gun is the gun I never pick up and I’m hesitant to buy a 3rd and chase my tail. Still stuck between 82-84% so don’t take my word. I think the best gun is the gun that runs and runs and have a couple more that feels exactly the same. So I can have a dry fire only gun and bring two to matches.

Soon you will have cz  made in the US by Angus Hobdell
Made of good American steel rather than a recycled car from cz. That was what  I choose .
There is no like  experienced shooter, who builds guns  according to his specifications. He shoots excellent as well as he is gunsmith

Edited by yigal

On 2017/11/18 at 5:32 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

Both good guns. Shoot a Stock 2 myself. Many friends shoot the shadow 2.... we don't have the problem?

yes,both good gun !I think a gun good or nogood depend who is the shooter ,right ?.......

7 hours ago, yigal said:

u can be the  best shooter and use shit gun.

and  replace  it frequently  .;)

I don't think the Shadow 2 is a crappy gun like you say. Perhaps CZ is having quality control issues, which is very unlike them historically. If there truly is an issue, hopefully they get it all sorted out, but it’s impossible for any company to produce anything at a 100% quality control level. And if there truly is an issue, hopefully it stays over there in Europe or wherever you are.

21 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

I don't think the Shadow 2 is a crappy gun like you say. Perhaps CZ is having quality control issues, which is very unlike them historically. If there truly is an issue, hopefully they get it all sorted out, but it’s impossible for any company to produce anything at a 100% quality control level. And if there truly is an issue, hopefully it stays over there in Europe or wherever you are.

I've quirried the cz community around here and nobody is seeing any issue with cracks. Including those with 15-50,000 rounds fired.

I don't doubt the reports of cracks OR the reports of NO cracks.  Historically,  CZ has a reputation for correcting problems. So, they have apparently implemented a corrective action in metalurgy or design or something and only earlier versions are susceptible to the failures noted previously. (Frame cracks/ breakage at the slide release lever hole).

The shadow 2 has some nice features and better checkering than the Tanfo guns. But, the tanfos balance better for me, can be used in CO and fit me .