Leohe8888

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, jeffte283 said:

Shadow 2 is heavier, better double action trigger. You only need to change recoil and hammer spring then you are good to go. 

the difference that stock 2 will live more than shadow2.

in ours shooting club 4 shadow 2 have frame breakage after 10k factory ammo  . and old tan lim pro  small frame with bull barrel still shoot after 40k with the same ammo.

shadow2  maybe  better quality ,more reliable and pleasant  to shoot but i prefer tan. that made from real good steel. than sh2 that made from recycled car :o

and tan.  small frame (i  think it better than large frame) i see it as good base to start  make it much better.

Safeties and safety detents are wildly different.  Hammer struts are different.  Coatings are different.  Slide height on Shadow2 is taller.  Certain magwell characteristics.

Pretty much everything on the Stock 2 is better designed except the length of the hammer, entrance angle of magwell, and out of box configuration.  Stock 2 needs a front sight, trigger job, and springs.  Shadow2 needs springs.

Both guns need tender loving application of polishing compound and spring changes to lighten and smooth the trigger. 

After "upgrading", both the shadow 2  and stock 2 can get a light smooth and crisp trigger.  i think it's slightly easier to get a high 4# DA with the shadow 2 that will still pop winchester primers. With a bolo upgrade (fully polished and every Patriotdefense part) the stock will be shorter acting and crisper than the shadow. But, i haven't seen a full on shadow 2 that was well broken in.

The factory checkering is sharper on the Shadow.

Handling and shooting they seem close. But the stock 3 is closer to the cz than the stock 2.

The hard chrome finish on the stock is more durable.

Handle them both and pick what you like better.

45 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Handle them both and pick what you like better.

+100

There is no such thing as a gun that fits everyone best.

My nickel. Shadow 2 trigger still needed everything that a base CZ 75 needs if you are fussy. Stock 2's seem to be much less consistent on frame internal dimensions & hard part tolerances, makes them more fiddly to get right and you may want to get one that has already been made right by somebody like Patriot Defense. CZ's are easier to reload and have a better double action. 

Both are fine, Stock 2 fits my hand & Shadow 2 doesn't. Shadow 1 feels better to me than Shadow 2 so that is how I'd go if I lost love for the Tanfo. 

32 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

+100

没有最适合每个人的枪。

我的镍。暗影2触发器仍然需要CZ 75所需的一切,如果你很挑剔。股票2在框架的内部尺寸和硬件公差方面似乎不太一致,使得他们更容易得到正确的,你可能想得到一个像爱国者国防一样已经被正确的人。CZ更容易重新加载,并有更好的双重行动。 

两者都很好,股票2适合我的手和阴影2不。影子1比影子2感觉好多了,所以如果我失去了对坦福的爱,我会怎么走。 

Yes,I will try both.

Thanks !

I've both, trying to move from Stock 2 to Shadow 2 because I can't get Stock 2 run reliably.  Ergonomically, main differences are grip size, balance, safeties and DA trigger reach/travel. Stock 2 has somewhat larger grip which is for many was a big point. This difference can be negated by using larger grips on CZ. Shadow 2 is slightly heavier and more nose heavy. A little less nose flip, a little easier to overswing on transitions. Safeties, I am not sure if they matter but if you're somehow at a slide lock, can't use strong hand thumb to drop it on Stock 2. DA trigger pull is shorter on Stock 2, I prefer it that way. 

Matter of preference, I like conventional rear sight on Stock 2 although Shadow 2 rear sight should be more robust theoretically. Magwell on Stock 2  is visually larger but due to internal geometry you can still have mags hang up there a bit. I reload Shadow 2 better.

From a personal experience, and I understand that this will irritate some here, I think that Stock 2 are a crap lottery and this makes it unacceptable to me. Some run, some don't. I guess I didn't win this lottery. I have had two for two years, they started with a work over by Jim Bodkin, had to go to him once for a look-over, and then I send both to Joe Wilson at Patriot Defense. In between, Ned Christiansen looked at one of them. I've seen every kind of malfunction that exists. Last one, I sent a pic to Joe, he replied he had never seen it. The variance in dimensions is a well known fact, somehow people don't talk aloud about it. Barrel to slide fit issues, rear sight dovetail variances that made Primary stopped making dovetail mount optic plates. Joe couldn't fit one of his connectors in one of my Stock 2, having tried five of them, not enough space in there.  With all that work, I now have one that runs more or less OK, yet still throws in a light strike with 14 lbs hammer spring on a Federal ammo. 

So, that's just one dude's experience. I am sure there is a bunch of people whose Stock 2s run. Mine don't, I have no expertise or time to fix them, and external sources that I mentioned above could't make it happen either. The only reason that I have Shadow 2 is because of that. Take that for what it is worth.

Edited by YVK

25 minutes ago, YVK said:

From a personal experience, and I understand that this will irritate some here, I think that Stock 2 are a crap lottery and this makes it unacceptable to me. Some run, some don't.

No irritation at all.

Unfortunatly not solely a Tanfo issue. STI's often do not run without a trip back to the factory & a friend even had to fight the good fight to get his SV reliable. 

Tanfo's may be more of a lottery than most, I do not know. 

40 minutes ago, YVK said:

The variance in dimensions is a well known fact, somehow people don't talk aloud about it.

Actually, it IS mentioned here a lot.

I think most are fairly easily overcome. When PD prototyped firing pins, one would  hang up in my gun. Turned out the extractor pin hole was drilled a bit too far to the bore axis. I was able to file and polish the extractor to over come it.

Sadly,  some are much less obvious and are harder to correct (like i assume your gun).

1 hour ago, johnbu said:

Actually, it IS mentioned here a lot.

I think most are fairly easily overcome. When PD prototyped firing pins, one would  hang up in my gun. Turned out the extractor pin hole was drilled a bit too far to the bore axis. I was able to file and polish the extractor to over come it.

Sadly,  some are much less obvious and are harder to correct (like i assume your gun).

i saw few like this.

they did it on monday  :lol:

I used to shoot w/ an Accu Shadow.  Then, when Stock 2s started becoming more available, I switched over to it b/c of its mystical "unicorn" status.  The ergonomics on the Stock 2 were okay, not better than the CZ.  It sort of depends on which grips you go with.  With my stubby fingers, I didn't notice any big advantage in the "shorter" DA of Stock 2 – both guns were uncomfortable to reach.  I My biggest issue with the Tanfo is that, like @YVK, I also couldn't get my Stock 2 to run reliably at all.  I had ejection issues, extraction issues, feeding issues, magazine fit issues, etc.  At the end of the day, as much as I wanted to like the Stock 2, I just couldn't trust it for live competition, let alone home defense.  I've since picked up a Shadow 2, and tuning it has been extremely easy, like the original Shadow.  However, the grip on the Shadow 2 is significantly larger than original Shadow.  To my hands, the Shadow 2 seems a touch larger than even the Stock 2, which was already sort of stretching for me.  Maybe I just prefer the feel of smaller grips in general, a part from the necessity for them.  I'm going to keep working on handling the Shadow 2 to see if I can manage it well enough with practice.  If not, I'm going back to some version of the original CZ 75.

Oh, and one other thing, the weight balance definitely takes getting used to with the Shadow 2.  It's just so darned nose heavy.  On the other hand, there's definitely an advantage with recoil management over the Stock 2.  Some feel the difference, some don't.  I do.

Word to the wise,  keep an eye on the shadow 2 frame where the slide release lever goes through.

Was shared some pictures that should make shadow 2 owners nervous. Hopefully it's already a corrected issue, but it's something to periodically inspect. 

Added picture showing early stage of crack that leads to a break in that location.  pretty odd place to fail, imho.  i haven't seen these in person, don't know the history behind them. Just thinking it's a spot to keep an eye on during detail cleans etc.

IMG_5075.JPG

Edited by johnbu

I have had the shadow 2. the ergos are very uncomfortable. That huge bump they added to the back does not work for me.

I sold the shadow 2 and I am shooting a Tanfo Stock 2 which in my opinion is way superior in accuracy. Also, the gun swings faster than shadow 2, as the shadow 2 is a little top front heavy and feels weird in my hand. I shot mine a lot and I could not love the gun.

I sold it and I am loving the Tanfo.

this cracks start after 8k factory ammo in all   4 sh2   guns 

next stage was another 2k.:o 

i really liked sh2  from  the beginning that arrived to club  but after the first was broke it could happen .but after the second break  i started to check al sh2 from the club every week and found

that cracks that started  in sh2  that reached 8k factory ammo. i am sorry but i  do not believe in such  coincidences  especially  in the nonsense that the factory tried to blame the shooters.  all shadow1  in club works perfectly and also most of tso that i think is the best choice for limited

until they will  solve this problem in sh2  i see this model as a failure  . or this was very  bad batch.

this post from 19 oct - brass grips for tan. see their best gunsmith advise .

After changing to brass grips for my SP01 Shadow Orange I sold my Shadow 2..., SO much calmer (so faster) based on advice of Bosko from luckydelta.

Changed gun to Tango Stock II extreme (small frame , after advice of one of the major Tango dealers in The Netherlands switched to brass grips (EGD, Grauffel).

Same impact: 

Bit fatter grip (EGD standard bit small), faster FS recovery, calmer shooting...

Like to hear your experience!!

Regards,

Henk

Edited by yigal

10 hours ago, yigal said:

this cracks start after 8k factory ammo in all   4 sh2   guns 

next stage was another 2k.:o 

i really liked sh2  from  the beginning that arrived to club  but after the first was broke it could happen .but after the second break  i started to check al sh2 from the club every week and found

that cracks that started  in sh2  that reached 8k factory ammo. i am sorry but i  do not believe in such  coincidences  especially  in the nonsense that the factory tried to blame the shooters.  all shadow1  in club works perfectly and also most of tso that i think is the best choice for limited

until they will  solve this problem in sh2  i see this model as a failure  . or this was very  bad batch.

this post from 19 oct - brass grips for tan. see their best gunsmith advise .

After changing to brass grips for my SP01 Shadow Orange I sold my Shadow 2..., SO much calmer (so faster) based on advice of Bosko from luckydelta.

Changed gun to Tango Stock II extreme (small frame , after advice of one of the major Tango dealers in The Netherlands switched to brass grips (EGD, Grauffel).

Same impact: 

Bit fatter grip (EGD standard bit small), faster FS recovery, calmer shooting...

Like to hear your experience!!

Regards,

Henk

...........huh????

Edited by B_RAD