Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rolling break or wall?

JLB-US

3 hours ago, Garmil said:

i like a wall.  is there a glock trigger with a real wall? ive felt a lot of different glock triggers i wouldn't descrbie any of them as having a good wall.

Take a look at Johnnyglocks trigger. Thats the only trigger i tried that has a defined wall

1 hour ago, jeffte283 said:

Take a look at Johnnyglocks trigger. Thats the only trigger i tried that has a defined wall

I agree.  I put one of Johnny's triggers in my 3 gun G34 recently and I love it.  Not only does it have a defined wall, it has the best reset of any trigger I've tried so far.

That’s funny because I posted this because I was thinking about him him doing one for me specifically with a rolling break and no wall.

I seem to like that type better, but I’m barely a B shooter in production, so maybe that would not be such a good idea???

12 hours ago, JLB-US said:

That’s funny because I posted this because I was thinking about him him doing one for me specifically with a rolling break and no wall.

I seem to like that type better, but I’m barely a B shooter in production, so maybe that would not be such a good idea???

If that's the style you prefer, ask him about it.  He can set up a trigger any way you want it.  He's a freaking Glock trigger wizard.

Call Johnny and talk to him.  He is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to.  There was no rush and no pressure.  He has my G34 right now doing some work on it.  I personally like shooting with a wall instead of a rolling break.  Just my preference.

On 11/11/2017 at 1:34 PM, JLB-US said:

For competition shooting looking for thoughts on having a rolling break vs a very defineable wall???

Depends on trigger weight for me. Wall induces anticipation so in general I prefer a rolling break. However, at low trigger weights this is much less of an issue. So for Glocks that are carried I like about 5 lbs trigger with a rolling break and for competition I don't care as long as it is 3.5 lbs or less.

I've went back and forth switching connectors, stirkers and springs to chase that magical trigger pull. Getting started with 1911's I wanted crisp. My G34 currently has a combo for more of a rolling break. I've convinced myself that Glocks with any type of wall have extra slide movement do to the trigger bar/striker engagement and profile of the connector.  With a connector that gives a more rolling break I think you get less movement of the slide upward and backwards.  Which really matters most when doing a slow squeeze type trigger pull.  Doesn't seem to matter as much when you do a good quick pull straight back. I don't know if anyone else noticed the movement or not?

At least in my mind thats how it seems.

Edited by B_RAD

A short clean rolling break, please. 

My Tanfoglio was set up with a 1911-crisp trigger. Bolo and Titan hammer combinations in those guns give zero trigger movement between the wall and the break.

I sold the gun after 6 months and 2,500 or so rounds. I’m back in polymer with a Walther Q5 and the factory trigger. 

On 11/11/2017 at 9:28 PM, JLB-US said:

Buy a Ghost Edge Connector and put a Wolff 4.5 Striker Spring and a Wolff RP Safety Spring and I think you will be satisfied..