Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Andy Krantz

Alan550

Andy Krantz from Bedford, VA died just after midnight into November 10th after a year-long battle with cancer. His wife, Ginger, and his son Nathan were holding his hands when he died. He was one of the original 28 members of Bedford Rifle & Revolver Club that formed in November of 2001, serving on the Board of Directors and in several officer positions including President.

For the last 10-12 years the so-called Range Committee at the club consisted of only 2 people, Andy and me. I remember once after an AP match at the club I walked up to him and announced that “The range committee meeting is called to order!” He sorta snapped to attention and I said “I make a motion that we order more AP targets”. He seconded the motion, we voted and it was a done deal! That’s pretty much how our small club has been run over the years. Only a small contingent keeping it going.

He was one of the most positive people I ever met. The harshest word I ever heard him use to describe someone he didn’t like was to call that person a TOAD when others would have used an obscenity much more descriptive and colorful!

Andy got into NRA Action Pistol shooting in 2001 and was “hooked”, shooting his first official match in April of that year at Hinton, WV. He was the best all-around shooter in the club no matter what he picked up to shoot. Over time his accomplishments included winning Senior by a 5 point margin at the 2014 NRA Action World Shoot at Park City, KY. From 2013 through 2015 he was 2nd Place Senior at the Bianchi Cup in each of those years and at his last match this past April at the Crawfish Cup in Lake Charles, LA, he was 2nd Senior out of 24.

According to the NRA website he currently holds 14 National Records in NRA Action Pistol.

He will be greatly missed, both here in Bedford and on the International AP shooting scene.

RIP my good friend!

Alan~^~

Edited by Alan550
Added info