Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters squadding in PS

Glk21C

After someone reads this and knows there is a thread that had already talked about please post the link, otherwise, help....:unsure:

Back before we had online registration and squadding, in regards to level 2 and 3 matches, you had to manually fill out a match application, enclose a check for the match fee and mail it to the MD.  If you wanted to shoot with a certain group of shooters you either made sure all of you mailed the apps and checks in one envelope OR each would indicate in their submittal "I want to shoot with "X"".  The MD or registration coordinator would then manually squad everyone based on the mailed-in requests and you hoped that your request could be granted.

Now today we can register & pay online in PS and also squad in PS.  I know there is a group function in PS, that if enabled allows the shooter to indicate he wants to be part of a group and when you get the auto email from PS it provides a group # for that shooter to use in squadding AND to be able to forward to his friends (the group #) so they can all use it.  So the first shooter, as part of a group, squads himself.  But the following shooters, using the group #, can still squad wherever they want, not forced to be on the same squad the orig. shooter placed themselves on.  I know I must be missing something/not following a proper procedure?

Right now I'm feeling as though the only way to let the groups of shooters shoot together is to let them register and pay on PS but don't allow any squadding.  Instead, they (squad mom or each shooter of a particular group of shooters) would then notify the MD or registration coordinator of who they want to shoot with and what day, then the MD or RC would manually do all the squadding.  It's a combination of the "back in the day" squadding with today's online registration.   All this is in an effort to avoid the mass of emails asking "I'm on squad 3 but really want to be on squad 5 with my friends but I was two minutes too late in registering when registration opened"  after letting everyone register and squad as soon as registration opens.

If anyone wants to discuss this verbally just send me a pm with your phone # and best times to call you.

Thanks in advance

Interested as well it’s annoying to get all the emails. My response has been I’ll do what I can but no promises. But then it’s on me and I have to remember. 

I get a lot of emails because we tend to fill our matches within a few hours of registration opening