Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Limited Grips?

Oldhand

14 minutes ago, Oldhand said:

Did you find them here in the states at all or order over seas?   

http://benstoegerproshop.com/tanfoglio-witness-g10-textured-grips-by-lokgrip/

...an alterantive to the Toni’s which I think is similar in profile.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I bought from a guy who already had a couple sets. But no haven’t found them stateside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one set nib to sell but they are stock 2/3 size not for magwell version

I've got a set of EGD grips on the way, surprised there so expensive though.  Seems like a lot for what you get considering any grip in a 1911 is around 50 bucks.   I do happen to have a buddy that has a small shop and might see if he can do some sitcom work based on the measurements off the wood ones that come with the pistol.  As Like these but there not available anymore  especially with the intergraded tape.. 

DSC_3367.jpg

I have the Toni grips, and unless those posted are new and made specifically for large frame Tanfos, they will need a good deal of fitting.
I got mine to work, but if I was to somehow lose them, I wouldn't do it again.
If they made them for large frame, I would try them again. 
Until then, the LOK Grips promised to come out and the Patriot Defense grips are tops in my book.

I have the Toni grips, and unless those posted are new and made specifically for large frame Tanfos, they will need a good deal of fitting.
I got mine to work, but if I was to somehow lose them, I wouldn't do it again.
If they made them for large frame, I would try them again. 
Until then, the LOK Grips promised to come out and the Patriot Defense grips are tops in my book.

I’m guessing that is all in the Tanfo tolerances. The only place I modified the ones on my gun were to thin them slightly. And that’s most likely due to having my magwell area polished.

No, those ones I have seen are all for small frame Tanfos.
There is no way these even come close for a large frame.
I don't buy the Tango tolerance argument as EVERY other grip I have purchased (Patriot defense, SSI Scales, Lava grips etc) Have all fit perfectly with zero fitting. These grips just do NOT fit the large frame Tanfos.

No, those ones I have seen are all for small frame Tanfos.
There is no way these even come close for a large frame.
I don't buy the Tango tolerance argument as EVERY other grip I have purchased (Patriot defense, SSI Scales, Lava grips etc) Have all fit perfectly with zero fitting. These grips just do NOT fit the large frame Tanfos.

Couldn’t say. I’ve never seen a small frame Tanfo.

On 2017/11/8 at 8:08 PM, Oldhand said:

I've got a set of EGD grips on the way, surprised there so expensive though.  Seems like a lot for what you get considering any grip in a 1911 is around 50 bucks.   I do happen to have a buddy that has a small shop and might see if he can do some sitcom work based on the measurements off the wood ones that come with the pistol.  As Like these but there not available anymore  especially with the intergraded tape.. 

DSC_3367.jpg

Beautiful grip !

6 hours ago, Oldhand said:

They are available for the large frame with magwell (limited) but the invoice with Vat, Shipping is just under $160 with out the screws.  So I passed on them just couldn't justify the cost.

It fit all the tanfoglio stock2 right ?

This is the invoice for the HC frame that they sent, just used the conversion tables for euros its now $133.00 shipped to AZ.   I emailed the guy back just to make sure there for the Large frame and if so I'm going to order a pair and see how the fit and finish is..   

Of course I'll post pictures when there in. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 7.56.25 AM.png