Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for MagnetoSpeed users

I recently bought a MagnetoSpeed V3 and I have a question about archiving data.  I’m going to use it for the first time to record data for four different loads and then transfer the data to a spreadsheet but I’m a little confused about the “Series” functions and how to transfer the data while continuing to add data for additional loads.

I know that the first shots (first load) will be Series 1.  When I finish the shots for that load do I archive the data and then the next set of shots (next load) will automatically be called Series 2, then archive the data for that load and continue to do the same for each load?  If so, when it transfers to a spreadsheet, will each Series (load) be shown with its own complete set of data?

Then, when I’m completely finished with that rifle and I’m ready to start gathering data for the next one on a different day, should I reset the series to 1 and start the process over and do I have to transfer the data for all Series (loads) from the first rifle before I reset the Series to 1 otherwise it'll erase the data from Series 1?

I hope my question isn’t too confusing the way I explained it.  Maybe it’s best if I just ask how other MagnetoSpeed users do their load workups and data transfer.

I would really appreciate any help that that can be offered.  Thanks in advance.

I don't claim to be a pro, but I've been using one for a few years.  I do it as you described.  I do one load then archive it.  The next load will be the next series and so on.  The memory in the unit can save a ton of series so you don't have to dump it all immediately.  I have done several trips and just note that series "X" is load "Y" and so on.  When you transfer the info to your computer, each series is shown separately with it's one SD, ES, and so on.  When you reset the series to 1, I believe it will delete the rest of the info on there but I haven't done it in a while so don't quote me.  

I believe so.  It just uploads everything from the magneto speed.  I've only bothered to upload twice.  Each time I have a ton of series from multiple range trips.  When I was worried I'd get lost due to the high number of loads, I transferred it to my computer and reset the series to one.  I followed the same process the second time and transferred series 1 (the new one) through whatever I had the second time.  The data opens with excel (or Numbers in my case with a mac).