Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carbon Arms Ratchet Belt....

mrvip27

I use one on my safariland belt for 3 gun. I can get the belt cinched down a hell of a lot tighter, and it stays tight. MUCH better for a heavy 3 gun rig. Never felt like I needed the ratchet on a uspsa rig though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, TeedOff said:

I use one on my safariland belt for 3 gun. I can get the belt cinched down a hell of a lot tighter, and it stays tight. MUCH better for a heavy 3 gun rig. Never felt like I needed the ratchet on a uspsa rig though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you run two separate setups then?

Do you run two separate setups then?

Yes. I have one setup for 3 gun and then several USPSA setups (open, limited, sstk and prod/co). I only use the carbon Arms on the 3 gun setup. The pistol rigs are all on DAA belts and I’ve seen no need for the ratchet on those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, TeedOff said:

Yes. I have one setup for 3 gun and then several USPSA setups (open, limited, sstk and prod/co). I only use the carbon Arms on the 3 gun setup. The pistol rigs are all on DAA belts and I’ve seen no need for the ratchet on those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-4.

I put one on a Safariland outer belt as well.  I removed the belt studs and tried it for a few matches with the ratchet installed in the existing holes on the Safariland belt.  Then once I liked where it was I drilled the mounting holes for both sides of the ratchet.  

I like it.  Makes putting the belt on much easier than lining the studs up with the holes, and like Teedoff said its very secure and you can cinch it down however tight you like.  34” waist and I got the regular size ratchet.  Its a cheap upgrade and well worth it IMO.  

45 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I just got the complete belt and set it up for 3 gun. Test fitting it definitely gets tight even with all the gear. Haven't used it in competition yet but first impression looks like a good buy. 

Keep us updated please. Id appreciate it.