Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Limited "Custom"

drivenagain

Just picked up this Tan Limited 9mm, 2016 model.  Guy only put 300rds thru it, looked new once it was delivered.  

It is hands down the most amazing firearm I have ever owned, and ridiculously accurate.  I have been shooting 115gr and 147gr cheap reman, and it eats them all with zero hiccup.  I've polished the trigger bar, trigger plunger head, "blue magic slide treatment", inside of magwell.  Magwell isnt of the best design, I need to do some blending to the frame.  The safety was cutting my support hand thumb, so beveled and polished it, it rides nice and comfortable now.

Grip is pretty wide, coming from a narrower glock, I'm having issues controlling recoil at speed with my support hand, need to put a lil spot of grip tape for my thumb to ride on.  Ill post some pics up in a few, busy day at my jewelry store.

lim.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

IMG_5738.jpg

Edited by drivenagain

3 hours ago, drivenagain said:

Just picked up this Tan Limited 9mm, 2016 model.  Guy only put 300rds thru it, looked new once it was delivered.  

It is hands down the most amazing firearm I have ever owned, and ridiculously accurate.  I have been shooting 115gr and 147gr cheap reman, and it eats them all with zero hiccup.  I've polished the trigger bar, trigger plunger head, "blue magic slide treatment", inside of magwell.  Magwell isnt of the best design, I need to do some blending to the frame.  The safety was cutting my support hand thumb, so beveled and polished it, it rides nice and comfortable now.

Grip is pretty wide, coming from a narrower glock, I'm having issues controlling recoil at speed with my support hand, need to put a lil spot of grip tape for my thumb to ride on.  Ill post some pics up in a few, busy day at my jewelry store.

Did you get it from guy named, Chris?

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, drivenagain said:

"... most amazing firearm I have ever owned, and ridiculously accurate."

DITTO!

I bought the same gun in .40 S&W back in September.  It is a very accurate gun.

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2017 at 11:28 PM, Mlussoro said:

Drop a 6 lb recoil spring in it, 13 lb hammer x firing pin, game on flattest shooter imo

was way too slow for me, upped it to an 8lb and its working well

6 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

how nice!

my lim custom .40 (new model) is underway (via Grauffel!!)

Thanks, I wish i had a whole top end in .40 for this gun, but thats what I have an STI EDGE for ;)

• 2 weeks later...

You must not be getting my pm's I'm looking for the tracking number for the magazines I purchased from you 7 days ago and you were going to send out the next day but didn't and then you were going to send out the following day??? I seen that you have logged in several times but have not responded to my messages. I hope and trust you'll make this right. 

• 4 weeks later...

I took it to the range the other day and it shot perfect. In shooting it though I started to notice the differences and think I like the old style better. The hammer is thicker on the front face (firing pin side). Were the old style hammers breaking? The rear sight blade is laid back and to me a little harder to work with. Why did they go away from the LPA? This beavertail is more flat out instead of curled like the old one. What was the issue changing that? My last peeve is a hump at the back of the grip area that sticks into my lower thumb on every shot. I have no idea why they bulged the back out there! Out of those three differences I found, only the rear bulge bothers me and nothing you can do about it.

• 2 weeks later...