Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SCORPION FOR PCC?

The scorpion is MUCH cheaper with several upgrades and mags are cheaper as well. The only thing I was not able to find was a better trigger. Yes, I think the MPX may be better made etc but I have read some really good things about the scorpion. Not so much on the PCC thought process though. 

I will agree that the AR/MPX shoot softer than the CZ, have a lot more options and accessories available, but the CZ can be shot quickly.  One of our best PCC shooters shoots 

a Scorpion and it does not seem to hold him back much.  All that he has done to it is a trigger job and otherwise totally stock.  

I love my SBR'd Scorpion Evo.

The recoil is still barely worth mentioning, but the stout nature vs. a "tuned" AR-type means a wider operating margin and greater degree of reliability under various conditions.

Mine is accurate and reliable suppressed, un-suppressed, limp-shouldered, dirty, etc...

The trigger is fine out of the box, as is the selector.

Thanks for all the information everyone! I have seen several AR types one MPX, SBR, and no Scorpions at local matches. I'm able to get a LE discount from CZ making the Scorpion very tempting. I really like the MPX but WAY too many LEs are drinking the SIG kool-aid! I just want a compact, reliable running system for a good price. The Scorpion I think may win. However, has anyone ran a Tavor in 9mm? I wonder if this would be OK? Probably not the best for gaming but with the conversion kit I could use it in 223 at work. Too many options and not enough play money.

3 hours ago, bobert1 said:

One reason I went with the Scorpion ( LOVE IT ) is that I have enough AR type rifles. I wanted something different. Unless you are in your prime, I doubt that all that extra money on the MPX or JP will show up in the results.

bober1 - I agree!

i had an scorpion and ran it in pcc for a while. the lack of tunability and the lack of a fore end i liked turned me off of it as a competition gun. now as a just goofing off gun it is awesome for sure. but until someone makes different springs, figures out how much and where to mill weight off the bolt and makes a smaller fore end grip it's not the game gun for me.

it pointed well, was super accurate, the controls are perfect and it reloads awesome. but the feel of it at its cyclic rate just wasnt workign for me. and it required different loads than my pistols to function properly. cause you can't readily change the parts in the system.

Edited by rowdyb

This is my Scorpion SBR setup for home defense and competition. I would recommend the carbine hand guard with flash can. The rifle feels more stable and the dot moves less durning recoil. Also go with the Manticore after market mags with steel feed lips. The OEM mags do not hold up to a lot of rounds fired. CZ replaced 8 mags I used for practice and competition. I had about 8k-10k rounds through those mags when I started to have reliability issues. The Manticore mags with TF+10 extension hold 44 rounds and have been rock solid. Yetiwurks has the best price on the Manticore mags.

I went with the CZC trigger pack with tune. Pull is 3lbs 10oz with very little movement and reset.

Plus the Scorpion is the best looking PCC!

IMG_0444.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by brisix