Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 Steel Challenge Nats

10mmdave

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The World Shoot needs to come to the east coast this year. Actually, it would be nice if they moved it around from time to time.

It needs to stay out West. You already have the East Coast championships, and without this the West has no majors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The East Coast Championship is a great match but it's not the World Shoot. I guess you could say we have the "Nationals" but then again, it's not the World Shoot either. Especially for someone who wants to set a "World" record since the rules say it can only be done at a "World" shoot. Alternate. Send the National match out west when the World Shoot is on the east coast.

I agree about the world record. I’m within a few tenths of a second of the (recorded) world record on 4 different stages and would love to get the chance to set one but I literally have to travel to the other side of the country to even get a shot. Why cant the stipulations just be a Tier 3 Match instead of it being in one location once a year?

Where can you find info on what days the practice bays are open and how much does it cost?

If it’s the same as this year (and I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t be) practice bays will be open Tue-Fri for $25 per day. I will confirm as we get closer to the match.

Also in case anyone hasn’t heard Registration opens at noon EST 1 Jan 2018. We will have 2 sessions per day We’d-Fri and a single session Saturday morning. Awards immediately following Saturday morning session.

On 12/28/2017 at 2:59 PM, tyman1876 said:

I agree about the world record. I’m within a few tenths of a second of the (recorded) world record on 4 different stages and would love to get the chance to set one but I literally have to travel to the other side of the country to even get a shot. Why cant the stipulations just be a Tier 3 Match instead of it being in one location once a year?

Just to mention, the "world records" (as currently listed here:  http://www.steelchallenge.com/steel-challenge-world-records.php ) are for centerfire pistols, not any other division or match type.  (So....not rimfire anything nor PCC.)

• 1 month later...

Just checked the web page and there's no link for shipping ammo, anyone have any info ?

Also, been awhile since I've gone to a BIG steel challenge match, made the 1st. US Nats & I think the 2nd

years ago before all these divisions, so whats the prize table outlook for this year ?

Just checked the web page and there's no link for shipping ammo, anyone have any info ?

Also, been awhile since I've gone to a BIG steel challenge match, made the 1st. US Nats & I think the 2nd
years ago before all these divisions, so whats the prize table outlook for this year ?

I’ll get address for ammo shipments.

3 prize tables. One for centerfire, one for PCC, and one for Rimfire.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, 1911luvr said:

It needs to stay out West. You already have the East Coast championships, and without this the West has no majors.

Why can't they alternate?  Have the World shoot out East and the Nationals out west one year then rotate the next year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it’s the same as this year (and I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t be) practice bays will be open Tue-Fri for $25 per day. I will confirm as we get closer to the match.

Also in case anyone hasn’t heard Registration opens at noon EST 1 Jan 2018. We will have 2 sessions per day We’d-Fri and a single session Saturday morning. Awards immediately following Saturday morning session.

Hey is this a go ? Practice Tuesday? What time will the range open ? Thanks for info

Hey is this a go ? Practice Tuesday? What time will the range open ? Thanks for info

Just got email, answering all questions,, thanks hope to meet you there [emoji16]