cjd1215

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cjd1215 said:

Based on the responses so far it looks like either a stock 3 or a limited pro.  If I get either of these guns, what are the parts I need improve the performance. 

Hmmm

I have both the Stock II, Stock II Xtreme and had a shadow 2, and still own a Shadow Orange SP-01...

Best for me (Europe) Shadow Orange and Stock 2 Extreme!!! Both equal. Xtreme better then standard stock 2 by far. If your'e not in Europe base Stock 2 can be as good as Xtreme model or better at less costs...But you have to do lot's read the forum... I love my Stock 2 Xtreme! Though my base Stock 2 is pretty close after spending serious money...

2 hours ago, cjd1215 said:

Based on the responses so far it looks like either a stock 3 or a limited pro.  If I get either of these guns, what are the parts I need improve the performance. 

Check out Patriot Defense, a BOLO disco, race hammer, lightened hammer spring, extended firing pin, reduced power firing pin return spring, and pots of polishing will do you well.  You could go further with a reduced power plunger spring, CGW reduced power trigger return spring, and CZ sear spring, but I suggest you start with the first round of mods and see how you like it, these reduced power springs make the trigger lighter, but result in a less crisp reset.

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Hmmm

I have both the Stock II, Stock II Xtreme and had a shadow 2, and still own a Shadow Orange SP-01...

Best for me (Europe) Shadow Orange and Stock 2 Extreme!!! Both equal. Xtreme better then standard stock 2 by far. If your'e not in Europe base Stock 2 can be as good as Xtreme model or better at less costs...But you have to do lot's read the forum... I love my Stock 2 Xtreme! Though my base Stock 2 is pretty close after spending serious money...

Four part Series: 

Just to throw a different option at you the New Stock 1 from Italian Firearms Group in Amarillo, Texas is a great pistol and Patriot defense stocks them and could tune it up for you before shipping it out.

59ffab9ec3b57_stock1.jpg.8d17add2a44ce157b8f834305dd1d897.jpg

I'd be surprised if Buds actually has those LimPros in stock. Once word got out that they weren't being imported any longer, they dried up quickly. They only ones I see online are 45s & the occasional 40. If they have 9mms, buy it. 

Edited by OPENB

14 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Best for me (Europe) Shadow Orange and Stock 2 Extreme!!! Both equal. Xtreme better then standard stock 2 by far.

This is true, in Europe. Where you cannot polish internals and must use factory parts.

For the original poster: the Xtreme models are IPSC guns which cater to IPSC rules: none of the parts (aside from the sear and guide rod) are as good as aftermarket ones. But it’s harder tell if they’ve been polished a wee bit, and you get lighter springs from the factory. ;) 

14 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

If your'e not in Europe base Stock 2 can be as good as Xtreme model or better at less costs...But you have to do lot's read the forum...

Exactly. You can build a standard Stock II or III into a gun with a far superior trigger to the Xtreme model, and for for less cost.

You also get a hardchromed gun, instead of less durable cerakote.

Buy a stock 1 2 or 3 and:

1 piece sear

guide rod from Xtreme or Henning

titan hammer

bolo disconnector

14 or 15.5lb PD hammer spring

dawson .140 or .160 tall front sight

10 lb recoil spring

Light sear/firing pin/trigger spring from PD

And use those videos of mine that someone posted above, a few casual nights with a dremel, and build yourself a beautiful gun.

36 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Regarding which gun? A quick search would have shown you this post from last week:

Yes. I know. That is how I concluded that stock 2’s are the more popular gun. My question was not between a stock 2 and 3 but stock 3, stock 2 xtreme and stock 3 xtreme. 

14 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Since when is an s2 hard to find anymore? I know of at least three vendors that have them right now

Could you tell which vendors have them. I have been searching but unable to find one. 

3 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Sorry, looks like Patriot Defense and Oak Hill Guns are showing out of stock. Stoeger's Shop looks like it has them though.

I checked Ben’s site. He has a stock 3 but no stock 2’s. 

33 minutes ago, cjd1215 said:

Where they 9mm.  On the website I don’t see 9mm. I see a 40 and 10mm. 

Well....Since they have IDPA and USPSA there at the club....I am pretty certain they will be 9mm.  They open at 9am mountain.  Ask for Joey....he will know more about the Tanfo's.

Well, Buds is now showing out of stock so no worries. Buds had 2 listed on GB last night that are also gone. 

2 more 9mm listings still on GB from other places. 

23 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Crap! I shouldn’t have clicked on this thread!  

1 hour ago, cjd1215 said:

Where they 9mm.  On the website I don’t see 9mm. I see a 40 and 10mm. 

Have been itching to pick up a 40 S2 after shooting with a production GM on my squad a couple weeks ago. 

Shooting light loaded 165 grain at about 145 pf works out well for him and gives you that nice little extra oomph on steels. 

1 minute ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Have been itching to pick up a 40 S2 after shooting with a production GM on my squad a couple weeks ago. 

Shooting light loaded 165 grain at about 145 pf works out well for him and gives you that nice little extra oomph on steels. 

I’ve got a friend that’s got a S2 in .40 for sale.  I’ve shot it. Tack driver. 

Edited by B_RAD

8 minutes ago, 01Deuce said:

Well, Buds is now showing out of stock so no worries. Buds had 2 listed on GB last night that are also gone. 

2 more 9mm listings still on GB from other places. 

Good. I don’t need one. I’ll stick with CZ........  this week!

I’d probably like the Stock 2 more anyways. 

7 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Love mine, I’m shooting 165s also but at 135 PF.

Edited by bulm540