Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 torque exceeded - Lee U die

RickT

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2017 at 8:37 PM, Want2BS8ed said:

Should have mentioned I do that every 25 rounds when running a press manually. When I first got my Mk7 I was doing it every hundred rounds when stoping to load primers. Now? Once it’s set on the Mk7, I’m lucky if I do it every 1K rounds - it’s that consistent.

My experience is very similar to the above. Consistency is greatly improved.. M7 pro

On 11/12/2017 at 11:57 AM, RickT said:

The Dillon lube did the trick even with super clean once-fired brass.  I also installed my Mr. BF PTX and there is only a bit of a pull on the upstroke.  The only disadvantage I can see with the Dillon lube is that any lube inside the case causes he powder to stick to the case walls.  I don't think this is a performance issue, but every so often I'll pull a case off the shellplate and weigh the powder.  Can't reliably do that with powder remaining in the case.

Mine tends to pull up a little harder with the U diedie at a 3 clutch setting I havent used Dillon lube in years. May give it a try again.

• 1 year later...

I have had great success with the Dillon lube but I also with One Shot. I ran out so just received an order from Brass Juice to give them a try. I havn't really had anything that didn't work. Just watch using too much with the Dillon adn getting the powder stick inside the case which doesnt seem to affect anything but is annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

mix half a container of Lanolin with 1 pint of 99% rubbing alcohol. makes a perfect case lube.  what i do is spray it on my hands and then mix my hands in a bucket of brass. that gets the lube on the case but not inside.   before i started lubing my 9mm brass i would get cases stuck in the die so hard they would rip right out of the shell plate.

Edited by DeadwoodBoys

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/13/2017 at 4:21 PM, Want2BS8ed said:

I pull the case off prior to the powder drop. Tare the empty case with primer on the scale. Replace, cycle and weight to get the amount of powder. Back on the shell plate and don't miss a beat.

Easy-peezy and second nature now...

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, I can’t believe I never thought of this. And to think, for the last 8 or 9 years, since I got my digital scale, I’ve been using the little pan, taring that, then dumping in the powder to weigh it, then dumping it back into the case. 

Who would have thought it could be so much simpler. I love it when I get a great tip that comes out of left field when I’m researching something totally unrelated. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/5/2017 at 12:37 PM, RickT said:

What case lube would you recommend.  I currently use Hornady.

The secrete ingredient is Lanolin.  We but that online and mix with alcohol in a spray bottle  Costs almost nothing and works great.