Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ck pcc

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, jualdeaux said:

I picked it up about an hour ago. I have never owned a firearm with this low of a serial number. LOL

Too funny. Hadn't really thought about it till your post. Obviously you haven't shot it but what's your initial thoughts after getting it in your hands. Earlier post you said you were going with the 16" model. What color option did you go with?  I usually go with black but thought I'd try the red/black model. 

First of all, I have only had two ARs in the past and they were of the run of the mill variety that I shot rarely and ended up selling. This is my first PCC and I just got it yesterday afternoon. I have a c-more railway for it but I haven't mounted it yet as I am waiting for the ADM mount to get here Monday. Basically, this is just my very first impressions on the look and feel. I got the red/black 16" barrel w/comp version. Going all black would make it an "evil black rifle" but why be boring? The red isn't really a bright red. It is more of a burnt red. I like it. Besides, I have a red trigger on my STI game gun and my gear was red/black already so having the rifle red/black just made sense. 

I believe my first remembered coherent though was something like, "Hmm. This is going to be interesting." It looks cool. it feels good to hold. It seems fairly well balanced in my inexperienced hands. The only minor "issue" for me is there is some slight play between the upper and lower. I don't think it will affect anything and could be a typical thing for AR patterned rifles. For a "mil-spec" trigger it doesn't seem bad at all. I am still planning on replacing it for a better one soon, though. Why spend this much on a good gun and not do a trigger job on it? On the paperwork that comes with it, it says that, while it doesn't have a LRBO, it does have a bolt catch. You have to pull the bolt all the way back and then push the catch in and it will hold the bolt back.  As for the weight, I don't have a scale to put it on. Sorry.

I did do some research after I got it. It comes with a Guntec Ultralight Skeletonized aluminum grip and a Guntec 15" Air light M-Lok handguard. It also looks like the upper is a Guntec upper. If not they look very similar.

Thanks for the update!  Still crickets here :(

I think they went with the mil-spec trigger because AR people all have their own favorite triggers, and putting a "good" one in there would just raise the price and still not give a lot of people what they actually want.  I'd prefer not to pay extra for a preference that isn't my own, so I agree with their decision, personally.

34 minutes ago, fbzero said:

Thanks for the update!  Still crickets here :(

I think they went with the mil-spec trigger because AR people all have their own favorite triggers, and putting a "good" one in there would just raise the price and still not give a lot of people what they actually want.  I'd prefer not to pay extra for a preference that isn't my own, so I agree with their decision, personally.

Yeah. I knew that going in and have no problem with it.

Thanks for the update jualdeaux!!  That little bit of play between upper and lower is normal for AR patterned rifles. That's why there's products out there like Accu-Wedge, that help to eliminate that play. 

I ordered the red/black also that why I was asking how you liked the color. The pics you posted  earlier in this thread (from CK FB, I believe.) are really sharp and look like a burnt red color. The last couple pics on their FB when they announced more rifles were shipping they almost look like a pink-red. Hoping it's just the lighting. 

fbzero, hope you get your shipping notification soon. I ordered mine a few hours before the $999.99 pre-order pricing ended and received my notification a couple days ago. As I said, hoping you get yours soon. 

2 hours ago, OneIfByShotgun said:

Thanks for the update jualdeaux!!  That little bit of play between upper and lower is normal for AR patterned rifles. That's why there's products out there like Accu-Wedge, that help to eliminate that play. 

I ordered the red/black also that why I was asking how you liked the color. The pics you posted  earlier in this thread (from CK FB, I believe.) are really sharp and look like a burnt red color. The last couple pics on their FB when they announced more rifles were shipping they almost look like a pink-red. Hoping it's just the lighting. 

fbzero, hope you get your shipping notification soon. I ordered mine a few hours before the $999.99 pre-order pricing ended and received my notification a couple days ago. As I said, hoping you get yours soon. 

Thanks!  We'll see, sounds like I might need to call or e-mail them this week based on your post.  I ordered within a few hours of them posting the pre-order to their website on like the 2nd of November =/

2 hours ago, fbzero said:

Thanks!  We'll see, sounds like I might need to call or e-mail them this week based on your post.  I ordered within a few hours of them posting the pre-order to their website on like the 2nd of November =/

Yeah, I'd probably give them a call or shoot a note to them. Let us know what you find out. 

On 12/17/2017 at 2:43 PM, OneIfByShotgun said:

Yeah, I'd probably give them a call or shoot a note to them. Let us know what you find out. 

Got a response to my e-mail yesterday, and they said that it was boxed up and ready to ship, but that they never received my FFL's license and have been waiting on that.  My FFL indicated to me that he was going to send it back on the 3rd of November, so I was surprised to hear that they have been waiting for something on my end.  In any case, they have his license now, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they get it sent soon.  I have a week off coming up and that would be a perfect time to test it out and get it ready to run ;)

13 hours ago, fbzero said:

Got a response to my e-mail yesterday, and they said that it was boxed up and ready to ship, but that they never received my FFL's license and have been waiting on that.  My FFL indicated to me that he was going to send it back on the 3rd of November, so I was surprised to hear that they have been waiting for something on my end.  In any case, they have his license now, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they get it sent soon.  I have a week off coming up and that would be a perfect time to test it out and get it ready to run ;)

Good to know. Hopefully it will be to your FFL in the next few days. Post up once you get it. Mine arrived, just can't get off work in time to pick it up. Hoping this weekend. 

On 12/19/2017 at 11:50 PM, OneIfByShotgun said:

Good to know. Hopefully it will be to your FFL in the next few days. Post up once you get it. Mine arrived, just can't get off work in time to pick it up. Hoping this weekend. 

Well, I just got home with it. Looks great, as expected, and it is very light.  The balance feels "odd" because it's like all the weight is right above your shooting hand and your support hand feels like it's holding a feather.  Exactly what I expected for the most part, though I'll change out the trigger and ambi safety at some point.  I just got an e-mail that DAA is out of the C-more I ordered from them, so once they confirm they have cancelled that order, I'll go ahead and Amazon Prime it so I can get it mounted up this coming week and shoot this bad boy :)

11 minutes ago, fbzero said:

Well, I just got home with it. Looks great, as expected, and it is very light.  The balance feels "odd" because it's like all the weight is right above your shooting hand and your support hand feels like it's holding a feather.  Exactly what I expected for the most part, though I'll change out the trigger and ambi safety at some point.  I just got an e-mail that DAA is out of the C-more I ordered from them, so once they confirm they have cancelled that order, I'll go ahead and Amazon Prime it so I can get it mounted up this coming week and shoot this bad boy :)

I take it you got the Taccom ULW?

On 12/20/2017 at 8:59 PM, BillChunn said:

My FFL dealer received mine and brought it to the range on Saturday.  Mounted the Sig Sauer Romeo 4 optic and swapped out the trigger for a Timmney.  Shoots very well.  Adding a Strike Industries safety switch and a foregrip.  

Congrats!  Nice your FFL could bring it to the range, now that's service. 

4 hours ago, fbzero said:

Excellent news. Hope you get the C-more in a few days and can be shooting next week. Hoping to pick mine up tomorrow. I have an MRO on one of my other rifles that I'm going to mount on this one. 

14 hours ago, OneIfByShotgun said:

Congrats!  Nice your FFL could bring it to the range, now that's service. 

Absolutely.... I sent him the tracking number and it was scheduled to arrive at his business but he was going to be out of town for most of that day.  He notified UPS to hold it at the Livonia distribution center and he drove there to pick it up.  His transfer fee is far less than anyone else in the area.  Wish all the businesses that I deal with were this customer focused.  

Foregrip is a Tyrant Designs HALO Minivert weighing in at 2.5 ounces.  Have a Strike Industries ambi safety and a magwell on the way.  The Strike is easier to knock on with their extended design.  Both the safety and magwell are on the other carbine and it's preferred to have matching controls on the two.

BC

CK Arms PCC.jpg

Olympic Arms PCC.jpeg

Edited by BillChunn
Added pics
5 hours ago, BillChunn said:

Absolutely.... I sent him the tracking number and it was scheduled to arrive at his business but he was going to be out of town for most of that day.  He notified UPS to hold it at the Livonia distribution center and he drove there to pick it up.  His transfer fee is far less than anyone else in the area.  Wish all the businesses that I deal with were this customer focused.  

Foregrip is a Tyrant Designs HALO Minivert weighing in at 2.5 ounces.  Have a Strike Industries ambi safety and a magwell on the way.  The Strike is easier to knock on with their extended design.  Both the safety and magwell are on the other carbine and it's preferred to have matching controls on the two.

BC

CK Arms PCC.jpg

Olympic Arms PCC.jpeg

Looks good, Bill.