Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ck pcc

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, scooterj said:

The lowers are being cut in house at CK Arms shop in Camilla GA

I haven't seen pics of the CK rifles (not shooting an AR9 platform anymore). An NFA lower wouldnt have been a bad thing. 

***on a side note could be cut in house using NFA cnc file. In any event I'm sure anything CK puts out will run and perform well. I was very happy with my CK pistols**

Edited by MHitchcock
5 minutes ago, MHitchcock said:

I haven't seen pics of the CK rifles (not shooting an AR9 platform anymore). An NFA lower wouldnt have been a bad thing. 

I agree. One of my pcc’s is an NFA and it works. It’s a little sloppy in the magwell and my mags can rock back and fourth quite a bit. But as long as I don’t touch the mag or have anything touching it that would change the feed angle then it runs fine. Otherwise, it’s jam city.

2 minutes ago, Screaminyz said:

Is it possible NFA sends out 80% lowers and some of the companies just finish them up. I don’t see how somebody can call their lower when it is identical to the NFA design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they are manufacturing it. It is just like mil-spec AR-15 lowers. The same could be said for the vast majority of 2011 items that are built to a certain spec. It is a pattern. NFA just happens to be one of the most common in the AR-9 pattern. I don't think it is wrong for them to call it their lower, they are manufacturing it in house.

6 minutes ago, MHitchcock said:

Because they are manufacturing it. It is just like mil-spec AR-15 lowers. The same could be said for the vast majority of 2011 items that are built to a certain spec. It is a pattern. NFA just happens to be one of the most common in the AR-9 pattern. I don't think it is wrong for them to call it their lower, they are manufacturing it in house.

Yep.

Perhaps the term NFA-spec 9mm lower should be used when describing this variety of lower.  However, I don’t know if NFA owns the patent, or was simply the first to make that design. It’s like the Kleenex of 9mm lowers. 10 companies make facial tissue, but we call all of them Kleenex.

Ever wonder if these "NFA Lowers" aren't actually 80%er's that are being finished up in house. Anyone ever think of that? I mean.....at 80%, they can be paper weights and if made over seas, pretty much a dime a dozen.

The other thought is.....maybe there is a machine program out there or a model that everyone is programming off of?

BUT.......being the manufacturing engineer type that I am.......I'd guess the first one.....because, if I had the model, I'd have to change it up a little to make unique over all the others out there.

Edited by TRUBL
17 hours ago, TRUBL said:

Ever wonder if these "NFA Lowers" aren't actually 80%er's that are being finished up in house. Anyone ever think of that? I mean.....at 80%, they can be paper weights and if made over seas, pretty much a dime a dozen.

The other thought is.....maybe there is a machine program out there or a model that everyone is programming off of?

BUT.......being the manufacturing engineer type that I am.......I'd guess the first one.....because, if I had the model, I'd have to change it up a little to make unique over all the others out there.

https://newfrontierarmory.com/shop/80-c-9-billet-lower-receiver-glock-style-mags/

This just released on CKArms FB page:  

We have another 50 lowers machined and going  out for anodizing. When they return (should be 2-3 weeks) we will continue filling orders. Just a heads up, the introductory price ends on midnight of "Black Friday" so go reserve your rifle while you can!