Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

prima sv 9mm minor load

waltherppq

got a great deal from gs and need to try it on 9mm. 

impressive soft recoil and clean burn powder. only thing may concern someone is the “compress load”. when I charge 3.2 gr, and seating 147 to 1.135. the bullet base is barely touch the powder with only 0.01” gap. other then that, no complaints at all.

here is the chrono data:

26278762619_3af0a8df6f_b.jpg

the brass is much clean then the TG:

and primer pocket looks fine for me,and no over pressure sign

26196080829_0de79c34d9_b.jpg

will use it as my primary pistol powder, as it is also fit 45 load.

Edited by waltherppq

2 hours ago, muncie21 said:

Thanks for the info OP.  I load Prima V quite a bit.  Your post provides motivation for me to work up some SV loads this winter.

P.S. where did you get the SV from?

grafs and 10 jugs save haz fee

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to add in my own data on this thread.

Tried 3.2 of prima SV at 1.14 with blue bullets 147gr FP out of CZ SP01 Accushadow.

20 shot avg was 905 with std dev of 7.3. 

Will be my main practice powder once I finish the few pounds of Prima V left. 

It is a bit of a compressed load so I'm a little concerned if I try to make loads of my normal 147 Zero JHPs. If I try it I'll repost.

Also nice that the prima SV is solid for my .40 loads. Not sure if prima V works well for .40. 

Edited by Fantom919

12 hours ago, Fantom919 said:

Sorry I edited my post. Prima SV works well for .40. Lots of posts on it. Not sure about Prima V.

No worries, just was hoping you'd clarify since they're different powders.  Didn't want someone reading incorrect information and getting into trouble with it.

I shot about 20k rounds using SV when I was shooting Production.  3.1gr with a plated 147 at 1.135"-1.140".  Very consistent and accurate with very low SD's.  No issues with temperature sensitivity either.

It's interesting you guys are seeing compressed loads.  I seemed to have plenty of room  with the Xtreme 147 at 1.135"-1.140".  From memory, I thought 3.1gr filled a little less than half of a 9mm case.

Edited by d_striker