Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson short reach trigger

No.343

• 4 weeks later...

I installed the SRT and Wolf Reduced Power Trigger return spring in my 92 and was not a fan of it.  The SRT pushed the trigger back far enough in Single Action that I had very little movement of the trigger.  After several dry fires and a single range session, I took the trigger out and put the factory trigger back and kept the reduced power return spring.  The biggest win I have found for reducing the reach to the trigger was with the VZ grips.  I immediately liked it better and everyone that has handled the pistol, save one, has liked the way it felt.  

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on the shooter. Those of us who have cut our teeth in plastic guns are used to 1/2” of take-up before hitting the wall on every trigger press.

When shooting fast, you let the trigger out into that slack area, return to the wall, and press.

The hardest thing to get used in my Tanfoglio was a trigger that had 1/16” travel to rest and then STOPPED. Your finger comes clear of the trigger when shooting fast, and running back into it? Had to relearn my trigger control to avoid pulling the second shot down at high speeds, at first.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I do not care for the SRT. Didn't like the feel of it on my open Beretta. I used an adjustable steel trigger given to me years ago by one of my first instructors, did some EDM cuts for cooling and coolness, and away we go. I do have medium to large hands. 

Well I just picked up my 92FS this afternoon. My hands aren't that big, usually wear medium gloves and I prefer short triggers in my 1911 bullseye guns, with that said the 92FS seems to have a very short LOP in SA however the DA is pretty long, I think once I get Wilson Combat to tune it I will be good to go. I'll probably have them install a metal trigger (just because I hate plastic) but not the short reach one. I would love to have the LOP in DA to be shorter but not sure I'm willing to go any shorter on the SA LOP in exchange. Most shots are in SA anyway.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 12:22 PM, zanemoseley said:

Isn't very little movement in SA a good thing? My competition 1911 have nearly none.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

As in the movement was barely enough to release the sear.  I swapped it out.

• 8 months later...

I have somewhat short fingers and use thin grips with a short trigger for my 1911s. I installed the Langdon thin grips and the Wilson short reach trigger on my M9A1 and am much happier now. I can comfortably reach the trigger for DA and it's not too short (for me) in SA. I suppose you'll have to install one and see how it fits you.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Wilson Vombat trigger bar, it made the D/A trigger stroke noticeably longer, wasn't happy with it. Removed it and went back to the stock trigger bar

The short reach trigger on the other hand is great. S/A trigger pulls are nice and short, right reset and little movement necessary. Made a decent trigger really nice. Best $45.00 I spent on an upgrade for that gun

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...